Aerotek Sr Software Engineer in VERNON HILLS, Illinois
Looking for a Principle SW Engineer due to growth.
They have interviewed some individuals and Candidates they have been seeing: bare metal/arm processing OR visual studio/.net. They aren’t doing either of those, they are doing something in the middle.
• Candidate will be responsible for application development and middleware development of an embedded system.
• Work with C 60% of the time with C++ 40% of the time with development.
• Will be working with Linux and QNX OS’s while working with application level development.
• Work with multithreading and multi-core design with image processing
• Will be working with how to design the linux kernel and modify the driver-not required
• Work with mathematical algorithms and multi-core systems within a GPU
Software, Engineer, C, C++, Medical Device, Linux, Kernel, Multithreading
Top Skills Details:
embedded, software, linux
• Must Haves:
o C and C++ experience
o Linux driver experience, QNX, RTOS (only windows will NOT work)
o Strong understanding of algorithms
o Multi-threading or multicore experience
• Plus Haves:
o GPU programming, CUDA, image processing, etc
o Medical Imaging
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have a bachelors degree in engineering with a EE/CS/CE/Math/Physics or similar
• Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with multi-core and image processing/algorithm development
• Must have image processing experience and working with algorithm development or strong mathematics experiences recent or over the years
• Must have experience in Multi-core systems along with multithreading.
• One of the candidates needs to be strong in Matt or Mathematics for Algorithm experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs