Carle Foundation Hospital Nurse Manager- Home Health in Urbana, Illinois
Nurse Manager- Home Health
Department: Home Care
Job Category: Management
Employment Type: Full - Time
Job ID: 16377
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Location: Bloomington-Normal, IL
Usual Schedule: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
On Call Requirements: occasional
Work Location: 303 N Hershey Rd, Bloomington
Nursing Specialty: Home Health and Hospice
Secondary Job Category: Nursing
Weekend Requirements: occasional
Holiday Requirements: occasional
Email a Friend Save Save Apply Now
Position Summary:Posting Closing date: 5/8/2021'
The Home Health Nurse Manager is a critical component of the operating unit and as such meeting individual performance expectations and contribution to team performance goals is required. Provides managerial direction to ensure delivery of quality cost effective and timely services to patients and families. Ensures and maintains patient care delivery in compliance with all local state and federal regulations accreditation standards and department objectives. Contributes to the strategic direction of Home Care by providing planning and development of staff and patient care initiatives. Assures adequate exchange of information and communication among associates. Coordinates the implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
Education: Bachelor's in Nursing; Master's preferred
3 years medical/surgical experience, 2 years experience in a Medicare licensedagency and 1 year supervisory experience
• Hires, schedules, disciplines, terminates, evaluates and recommends salary increases for clinical staff
• Initiates and participates in the orientation of staff through direct teaching, coaching, observation, review and precepting.
• Collaborates with external referral sources and internal associates in evaluating and meeting home care patient needs.
• Monitors staffing ratios and on-call utilization; provides recommendations to the Director Branch Office.
• Assesses educational needs of clinical staff and assists in the development of in-services to meet the needs identified.
• Determines appropriateness of referrals as related to home care policies and procedures and third party reimbursement guidelines.
• Coordinates twenty-four hour availability of services; rotates managerial on-call coverage.
• Coordinates implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care and changes in level of care.
• Provides communication to staff regarding policies and procedures, administrative changes, and changes in reimbursement regulatory or accreditation guidelines.
• Monitors staff performance and productivity and the use of non- productive time.
• Facilitates care planning process through interdisciplinary group meetings.
• Maintains awareness and knowledge of patients’ progress through clinical case conferencing and interdisciplinary team meetings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.