Continental BestDrive District Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
BestDrive District Manager
St. Louis, MO
THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN ONE OF OUR MIDWEST LOCATIONS. THE EXACT LOCATION WILL BE DETERMINED AS PART OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
BestDrive, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, VDO Roadlog and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we have opened 34 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country.
Oversee the retail operations within a home store and satellite locations within the assigned district, ensuring that each location runs smoothly and meets sales goals and customer needs. Manage and oversee the development of new business and the growth of existing accounts within a specified geographic district.
• Responsibility for overall operations of their home store, includes management of Sales Team, Service Department, and warehouse personnel. Operational oversight over other stores within their district.
• Direct sales group in achieving sales and profit goals by ensuring proactive solicitation of customer business opportunities, practicing sound portfolio management, providing proper support for existing accounts and identifying growth opportunities and directing new business solicitation. Address the strategic and tactical needs of the organization and implement the necessary changes. Identify specific accounts or types of accounts where special emphasis will be applied to increase volumes/margins. Understand financial reporting and have the ability to quantify business needs, costs/budgets and economic earnings.
• Develop sales objectives for the sales territories within the district. Identify target accounts in each sales territory & assist the sale representative in developing sales strategies. Assure that prompt and effective communication occurs within the region and with the home office.
• Manage people by directing and coaching. Recruit and develop personnel and establish succession planning. Attract, retain and motivate field personnel to support the long-term stability and growth of the company and to promote effective participation of team in relation to corporate objectives. Conduct work visits with each sales representative in the region. Evaluate sales personnel in terms of their position description & conduct. Council sales representatives on steps for self improvement
• Working with the Region Manager, forecast product inventory on a monthly basis to ensure availability. Control district expenses budgets and assure that all territory records are maintained in an accurate and current manner. Monitor and analyze business on a continuous basis and implement any corrective action.
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional sales experience OR 10+ years of professional sales and High School Diploma / equivalent
5 years experience in automotive/industrial applications
Extensive travel within assigned territory is required.
Must be willing to relocate based on territory needs.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
•This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
•While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
•Required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements.
•Required to lift 75-100 lbs. routinely; may be required to occasionally lift up to 150 lbs. individually.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.