Honeywell Sr Optics Eng in St Charles, Illinois
Sr Optics Eng
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Use your optical engineering skills to help Honeywell deliver innovative solutions throughout an unlimited variety of optical design disciplines. You will be empowered to think BIG and challenge yourself to understand more than just one aspect of the optical engineering discipline. You will work along side some of the world's most talented engineers. You will apply research of complex optical systems to achieve desired optical specifications. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation of products by designing, testing and validating products from prototype to market.
Imagine the impact you will make by providing optical design-related guidance, technical advice and support to project engineers and designers for new product launches
Broaden and expand your knowledge by learning from highly experienced engineers and participating in challenging assignments, developing diverse products
Foster innovation everyday and on every project
20 Optical Simulation and Design
20 Opto-mechanical tolerance and thermal analysis
20 Optical part drawing package development
20 Performance specification
20 Cooperating with external vendors
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Experience in the field or related area
- Experience with complete engineering lifecycle (Design to volume production)
- Optical simulation experience (Zemax, Code-V, Light Tools, Trace Pro and other industry standard tools)
- Parametric mechanical modeling experience (Pro-Engineer, CREO and Solidworks)
- Experience with Matlab
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD29884
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3825 Ohio Ave, St Charles, IL 60174 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.