Air National Guard Units THEATER AEROSPACE OPERATIONS COMMAND AND CONTROL OFFICER in Springfield, Illinois
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a THEATER AEROSPACE OPERATIONS COMMAND AND CONTROL OFFICER, Position Description Number D1504P01 and is part of the IL 183 AOG, National Guard.
About the Position: This is an open continuous announcement. Additional cutoff will be 12 February 2019. Recruitment will continue through the announcement closing date to fill positions as they become vacant.
Learn more about this agency
As a THEATER AEROSPACE OPERATIONS COMMAND AND CONTROL OFFICER, GS-2101-12, you will provide instruction to upgrade skills to obtain maximum performance on all aspects of the force-level Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) weapons system. . In addition to training responsibilities, you will perform administrative tasks in support of the Air Operations Group/Squadron. You will exercise knowledge of AOC weapons systems, aircraft operations, AOC processes, and deployment/employment to offer rapid and precise decision making and mission execution.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Instructs rated pilots, navigators, air battle managers, space operations specialists, and other AOC assigned personnel in advanced aerospace operations applications using current AOC systems of record.
- Interviews instructors, pilots, navigators, air battle managers, space operations specialists, and other assigned AOC personnel to determine operational background in their respective weapons systems/specialties.
- Performs as instructor and/or examiner; evaluates and examines AOC personnel to determine preparation for the application of aerospace force/operations, proficiency during actual operations, instructional ability, and technical competence; and conducts post operations critiques.
- Evaluates formal training directives, and develops course changes, new materials, new training systems, and new methods.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a variety of specialties to include general and advanced knowledge of AOC assigned weapons systems, U.S. and allied aircraft, space weapons systems, tactical employment of weapons systems, search and rescue, theater missile defense and air tasking order development and execution.
- Conducts Command and Control over all subordinate elements of the Theater Air Control System (TACS), including airborne and ground based sensors.
- Briefs and instructs operations personnel on mission preparations including: combat effective mission execution.
- Monitors mental attitudes and individual problems of assigned personnel that might adversely affect mission performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2101 Transportation Specialist
- Command And Control Center Officers
- Command And Control Officers
- Command Center Officers
- Control Center Officers
- Officers, Command And Control
Officers, Command Center
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Position available when vacated by incumbent.
Military Grades: Officer Only - May not exceed the rank of Lt Col.
Compatible Military Assignments:
Assignment to a compatible military position is not required for application but will be required if selected for appointment.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying a variety of regulations and procedures. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-12 Level -Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training arranging or procuring transportation for personnel, cargo or freight. Experience in non-routine pre and post auditing of freight bills, bills of lading, and personnel transportation vouchers. Experience coordinating and negotiating with organizations/personnel both orally and in writing to resolve differences/problems.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the lower grade level in the Federal service in order to be considered for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement, to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in fields listed below leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
Also being advertised OB-AGR. If applying for the Technician and AGR announcements, a separate application, showing the proper announcement number, is required.
If you are needing some extra information regarding Federal Resumes, you should consider the additional resources provided on IL HRO Staffing's Page: https://states.gkoportal.ng.mil/states/IL/fedstaff/hro/TechStaffing/Federal%20Resume%20Workshop/Home.aspx
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents (as applicable):
- NGIL Form 73 http://www.il.ngb.army.mil/PDFs/EmploymentForms/NGILForm73.pdf
*NGIL Form 73 - Illinois National Guard Technician Program Supplement to Application for Dual Status (DS), to reflect military qualifications. Complete and accurate data is essential to ensure fair evaluation, applicants with no military qualifications must submit form stating "not applicable" and signature on page 2 of the NGIL Form 73.
*Documents NOT accepted: photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings, awards and letters of appreciation.*
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10312568
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
IL 183 AOG Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport Springfield, IL 62707 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
**Additional cutoff will be 12 February 2019. Recruitment will continue through the announcement closing date to fill positions as they become vacant. Referral lists may be requested to fill vacant positions throughout the life of the announcement. The cutoff for receipt of applications will be midnight on the date that the referral list is requested by the Selecting Official. Applications received after the cutoff date, may be considered on future referral lists.
All applicants may receive consideration for 3 months from the date of application. If you wish to be considered after that period, and the announcement is still open to receive applications, you must re-apply to indicate your continued interest.**
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511645800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/21/2018 to 09/30/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $73,375 to $95,388 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time