Fiserv Director, Business Development - Merchant Lending in Springfield, Illinois
What does a great Director, Business Development do?
If you are passionate about helping small and medium-sized businesses grow and prosper, join a team that is developing innovative financing solutions designed for our growing base of 1.5M merchants. Today, businesses need real-time financing solutions to fund growth and fuel economic recovery. Fiserv is providing innovative financing solutions that connect businesses to much needed capital at the speed of life.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about helping businesses thrive. As a key member of the Global Business Solutions lending team, you will be responsible for leading our ambitious Clover Capital expansion strategy in close cooperation with our channel partners, sales organization, and product teams.
As a Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for:
• Collaborating with Product, Marketing, Commercialization & Sales, to create and execute on a comprehensive growth strategy and plan that delivers revenue in the next 3 years.
• Developing vertical, segment and channel specific strategies to drive merchant loan volume
• Collaboratively setting and interlocking on short- and long-term sales targets and driving cross functional accountability
• Developing a comprehensive sales management process – including channel sales strategies, account planning and leading pipeline reviews with the sales team and key strategic partners
• Developing and managing new and existing partnerships with key tech providers and banks to ensure goal alignment and delivery of targeted revenue growth.
• Using domain knowledge and experience to help close key deals and influence the product strategy to meet and exceed client needs
• Constantly monitoring and leveraging relevant industry research and data to insure we are delivering innovative and differentiated lending products and services to our merchants
You’re the kind of person who:
Has a passion for helping merchants prosper by offering innovative, fair and fast lending solutions. You have an entrepreneurial / strategic mindset and a track record for building and transforming a businesses and/or products. You can drive change and be involved in day to day tactical work when needed. You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to drive results in a highly complex and matrixed environment.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Minimum 8 years of business development / sales and / or partner management experience.
• Experience in Business lending or alternative financing.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Experience with merchant processing, merchant cash advance and/or retail payments.
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
The Merchant Joint Ventures and Acquirer Processing business brings to bear the transformative combination of Fiserv and First Data to deliver extraordinary value to merchant customers. One of the foundational strengths of our company is the size and scope of our acquiring processing capabilities. These products and services are widely used by many channels that serve merchants -- both directly and indirectly. With the proliferation of payment providers in the marketplace, we are at the forefront of growth and innovation. Fiserv has established our Acquirer Processing Capability (APC) as a product line and business. The focus of the APC will be to analyze all areas of our acquirer processing products and services to clearly define costs, volumes, and trends across our direct merchant acquiring channels, merchant Joint Ventures, and acquiring partners. In establishing this product line, our goal is to define strategies for growth, innovation, cost-effectiveness, and greater profitability.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT).
- Fiserv Jobs