Encore Manager, Support Center in Schiller Park, Illinois
The Manager, Support Center is responsible for leading Encore’s expanding solutions help desk operations. The Support Center is the primary support for Encore’s software solutions and related hardware. This role will lead the team that provides support to event attendees and presenters and internal production team members, across multiple time zones and in multiple languages.
In addition, this position will develop and supervise a team of support specialists in their day-to-day responsibilities ensuring the highest levels of customer service to ensure our external and internal clients are delighted and would recommend our services. Act as the super user for the Support Center’s help desk system, recommending continuous improvements to systems and processes.
Interact with leaders across the business to identify solutions that can make use of the Support Center approach. Develop and implement processes to onboard new solutions and provide ongoing feedback to stakeholders on how different solutions impact the customer and the support team. Suggest improvements to solutions to minimize support burdens.
This position reports to the Director, Solution Support.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Recruit, retain and cultivate a core team of dedicated and motivated Support Center specialists with responsibility for their ongoing HR and development needs.
• Understand and anticipate the cyclical demand of the events business for support of various solutions and ensure the team is staffed and trained appropriately.
• Plan schedules, working closely with Workforce Management for temporary assistance and the Training Manager to appropriately size the team as required.
External User Support
• Manage an efficient, accurate and friendly assistance service for end user customers via a variety of inbound communication methods like email, chat, phone and other options.
• Build the processes that most effectively support each solution addressing the various ways in which users interact with Encore’s products and services.
Internal User Support
• Develop trusted and reliable processes to ensure all internal users receive the support required in the timeframes required.
• Manage the team to be the portal for event delivery teams, providing answers where possible and routing to subject matter experts across the company when appropriate.
• Develop request routing strategies to quickly get support where it is needed most effectively.
Help Desk Software Super User
• Play a key role in the initial and continued development and growth of the Support Center software, its integrations with other Encore systems and its associated knowledge base.
• Document and recommend improvements to the software and act as the main point of contact for IT.
• Ensure the effective utilization of software by the Support Center team.
• Gather analytics on trends and drive continuous improvement of the support given by the team with a focus on expediant and friendly support, reducing demand on the support team, improving products and services and planning for the future.
• BA/BS degree preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered for internal candidates
• 3+ years of experience managing a technology support environment
• In depth knowledge of Encore solutions and the ability to quickly learn and support new solutions
• Understanding help desk operations and software, preferably ZenDesk
• Highly motivated individual with passion for customer service, follow-through, and learning
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills in a customer-facing role
• Excellent time management and organization skills including the ability to prioritize high volumes of work, work independently, exceed deadlines and manage requests from multiple sources
• Excellent computer skills including all applications of Microsoft Office
Work is generally performed in an office that is moderately quiet. Team members will occasionally visit other work locations for meetings or for other business reasons. Working times will include days and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Encore Jobs