Northrop Grumman Production Controller 2 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is committed to manufacturing high-performing products that protect the members of our armed forces who work every day to preserve our freedom. By joining our Manufacturing team, you'll be helping build these cutting-edge products. The Production Control Dispatcher position will be located at our Rolling Meadows, IL facility. The manufacturing organization builds various products in an ISO 9000 environment for military applications requiring attention to detail and quality.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Timely movement of hardware between work cells and induction of field hardware by capturing condition status and updating the system of record.
• Utilize SAP and other internal tracking systems to manage all production and repair orders that support Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
• Collaborate with multiple organizations to ensure daily priorities support weekly/monthly sales plan. Including Supervisors, Engineering, Operations, Program management, Technicians, Operators, Mission Assurance, and Stockroom personnel ensuring that the daily priorities support weekly/monthly sales plan.
• Expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments and or work cells.
• Assists in determining shortages, and initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
• Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert leadership regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Demonstrated skills in solving problems and responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction
Ability to manage multiple priorities
Ability to perform accurate data/record keeping
Ability to follow shop safety practices and procedures during daily operations
Ability to perform tasks in accordance with the company electro-static discharge (ESD) procedures
Ability to complete in house ESD and FOD certifications
Ability to use Microsoft Office products and SAP or similar tracking system
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and moving product within the facility
Demonstrated proficiency to determine and set priorities to meet production schedules; re-establish priorities as schedule requirements dictate.
Interface with support groups outside of Manufacturing for preparation of required paperwork, resolution of discrepancies/material shortages/ rejected material.
Demonstrated proficiency to interface with manufacturing supervisory personnel regarding performance and deliveries in accordance with schedules and cost efficiencies.
Demonstrated proficiency to operate a forklift
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
- Northrop Grumman Jobs