TEKsystems Sr. Desktop Support Specialist in Rockford, Illinois
* Supports, maintains, develops and troubleshoots the network computer and telecommunication systems, related peripheral devices and local area networks.
* Designs, configures, tests and implements network computer systems and operating system architectures.
* Analyzes and solves complex problems of network (operating) system hardware and software components.
* Coordinates the planning, installation and maintenance of network systems and components.
* Researches, tests, implements and provides recommendations to IT management for the cost effective implementation and utilization of systems to manage and support back-end and user's systems and software, software distribution and control, systems management, storage and server systems and software.
* Creates and maintains detailed documentation and procedures governing the network computer systems and peripherals in all aspects of its utilization; ensure associates work in compliance with the documented procedures and guidelines.
* Works closely with Network Administrators to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot local area networks and components.
* Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to adequately protect the network computer systems, components and data from natural disasters, power failures, intrusions and viruses.
* Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to protect, backup, restore and store business data.
* Designs, tests and implements new computer systems, operating systems and applications.
* Remains up-to-date with the latest network computer systems, operating systems, innovations and industry best practices.
* Performs continuous research and audits to ensure continuous and high levels of performance, security and availability of network and operating systems and peripheral devices.
* Advises application developers, technical specialists, management and users about network (operating) systems, components and peripheral devices, based on trends, developments, experiences and company/industry best practices.
* Analyzes impact of network systems and components for the technical infrastructure and communicates the results with the responsible technical specialists in order to reach the appropriate and effective use of the various technologies.
* Ensures regular reporting to management regarding performance and service levels of network systems, in order to inform responsible management about major deviations and/or corrective actions.
* Provides guidance and direction to lower-level System Administrators.
* Maintains close relations with local management staff to ensure the local business processes are continuously and adequately being supported and developed by IT.
* Participates in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors.
* Performs other related duties as required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs