Lowe's Assistant General Manager in Rockford, Illinois
What You Will Do
The Assistant General Manager, under direction of the Regional General Manager, manages daily operations in a million+ square foot distribution center. This includes responsibility for the performance of a team of Operations Managers along with execution of all operational functions in the facility, including: (1) developing and executing daily and weekly operational plans; (2) meeting and exceeding customer service requirements; (3) maximizing quality, throughput, and productivity of the facility; (4) managing a diverse and talented associate population; (5) nurturing a positive (associate relations), focused, safe and productive work environment; and (6) ensuring all corporate policies and procedures are followed consistently and short and long term plans are implemented.
What We\'re Looking For
• Required to work a schedule that effectively supports a multi-shift operation but may be changed by facility management based on the needs of the facility.
• May be asked to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and/or weekends based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 5 years of distribution operations experience in a large volume, automated distribution center environment
• 4 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements, and experience building a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Access
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or related field
• Experience recruiting, developing, and retaining an effective management team
• Experience creating and managing a budget
• Experience identifying and resolving significant process improvement opportunities
• Willing to relocate for future opportunities
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs