UnityPoint Health Licensed Mental Health Professional Crisis Clinician in Rock Island, Illinois
The role of the crisis clinician is to implement the principles of Trauma Informed Care (TIC) while providing an in-depth assessment and formulating a diagnosis for each patient. Post the assessment there is a consultation with the appropriate medical provider(s) to communicate findings and recommendations to generate the safest and least restrictive disposition plan. Patients are seen in person and via telehealth within several local Emergency Departments (ED); additionally, crisis clinicians may be asked to assess patients on medical units
Crisis evaluation and disposition
· Completes mental health and substance abuse assessments/evaluation to individuals presenting in crisis or requested for consult face to face or via tele health.
· Contacts physician (Psychiatrist or Emergency Department provider) for disposition recommendations
· Documents within the patient’s medical record(s) within time requirements
· Completes appropriate paperwork for processing patient assessment/ disposition and legal requirements
Clinical Supervision (non-managerial)
· It is expected that all fully licensed clinicians assist to provide clinical supervision to their teammates to assist them and Robert Young Center to meet the State of Illinois, Department of Human Services (DHS) Rule 132 requirement for providing Medicaid services. Each non independently licensed clinician who provides any outpatient billable activities are required to receive 60 minutes of supervision per month.
· Assists team to locate available facilities outside of our local community
· Obtaining insurance authorizations
· Assist patients to connect to our community’s resources
· Communicating with or reaching out to assigned clinicians within open RYC programs (continuity of care)
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Counselors and Social Workers must possess at least a master's degree
· Specialized training in mental health or psychiatric services or at least 2 years of experience in these areas
· Valid driver’s license required
· Professional license in the state of Illinois
o A Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and licensed under the Clinical Social Work and Social Work Practice Act [225 ILCS 20]
o A Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) licensed under the Professional Counselor and Clinical Professional Counselor Licensing Act [225 ILCS 107]
· Preferred dual licensure prior to hire
· Application of critical thinking
· Able to separate therapy and counseling from competing an assessment to create a safe disposition related to current presentation reasons/needs
· Problem solver
· Reads writes and comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Works independently at times
· Collaborates with a variety of personnel and personalities
· Completes accurate assessment and diagnoses
· Great interpersonal skills
· Positive and professional attitude
· Good written and oral communication.
· Able to plan and organize their work.
· Able to work in multiple computer applications (i.e. Vision Works, EPIC)- efficient typing skills
· Recognizes signs of suicidal behavior
· Able to assess for lethality
· Flexibility to change course of assignment
· Motivated and energetic (work assignments & team support) to support team when needed with a variety of tasks and assessments in multiple locations
· Utilizes Trauma Informed Care
· Required to be licensed in the second state Iowa or Illinois (process started within 3 months) within 6 months of hire
· CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) De-escalation Training within 6 months of hire then, annually
· Other certification as required for role
· Preferred dual licensure prior to hire
· Basic CPR is required and if not completed prior to hire will complete during your orientation period (required to have within first 6 weeks).
Requisition ID: 2021-86475
Street: 2701 17th St
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Crisis Stabilzn Unit-VisionWrk
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: prn
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org