Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Quality Engineer in Richton Park, Illinois
22501 Bohlmann Pkwy, Richton Park, IL 60471, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative- thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.5 billion in 2014.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Plan, coordinates and directs quality control programs on manufacturing floor designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established customer requirements. Works closely with Manufacturing and Project Engineering.
• Develop robust Control Plans for Production Quality Control. Update with lessons learned through continuous improvement activity
• Ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products
• Responsible for the mitigation of customer complaints and is the point of contact with the customer
• Reviews control of nonconformance material disposition and inspection of reworked product
• Minimize internal and external sort cost activities
• Accurately outlook sort cost through tracking and reporting
• Trouble-shoot and problem solve on the production floor
• Drive Internal quality control requirements (boundary sample boards, hourly check sheets, work instructions, operator visuals, lot-control, defect accumulation sheets)
• Work with Manufacturing to insure all necessary paperwork for each program is accurate, in place and understood by the team
• Insure daily monitoring and posting of customer measurables
• Measure prototype, pre-production and serial parts during product launch
• Responsible for all serial PPAP documentation
• Internal product audits (develop schedules, assist in [email protected] , monitor action list)
• Perform capability studies with clear understanding of what the data is telling you
• Perform gauge R&R with clear understanding of what the data is telling you
• Facilitate and lead problem solving activity through the 8D Process, DMAIC Principles, and 5-Why Problem Solving
• SPC (Proficient) Programming – will teach
• Interpret SPC to make sound judgement on part quality. Clear understanding of Cpk, Ppk data
• Assist manufacturing engineers with RPN reduction - creating and enhancing our PFMEAs and Control Plans based on lessons learned
• Assures that actions are carried over to similar programs/components
• Good Safety Practices in accordance with ITW objectives
• Contribute to the Company Quality Objectives
• 1+ years manufacturing experience in role of Quality Engineer
• Strong communications skills both written and verbal
• Computer Skills – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Root cause analysis techniques
• Good measuring skills
• Able to read prints. GD&T experience a must
• Must be able to work in a team or individual environment
• Self-motivated individual
• Must have the ability to pay attention to detail
• Must be able to work a flexible shift, including overtime and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs