Kelly Services CAD Drafter in North Chicago, Illinois
• Job Description:
• Support Engineering Project Teams, in preparing CAD drawing and administering the CAD portion of projects per the Drawing Management Procedures & Standards. This will involve Facility, Utility, & Process related projects.
• Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: Facility, equipment or process design and development, preparation of specifications.
• Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
• Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of facilities for optimal performance.
• Support Project Engineering to execute the Mechanical - HVAC / Plumping & Piping disciplines on small to medium sized office & laboratory facility projects
• Creation of construction drawings to be included in bid packages / RFP’s to contractors
• High School / GED is required. Technical school completion / certification preferred.
• At least 6 years prior technical experience using AutoCAD in facility Electrical / Controls design
• Experience with AutoCAD 2016 & Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
• Facility mechanical discipline experience in the following areas:
• Ability to manage a drawing through its lifecycle - Create, updated based on design reviews, and complete the as-built process, for mechanical discipline drawings for facilities including: Facility HVAC and Plumbing & Piping systems for animal care facilities, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouses, and office buildings.
• Mechanical system detailed design based on P&ID flow requirements. (Flow diagram from the discipline engineer to the detailed design by the designer)
• Ductwork & piping routing through existing facilities
• Ability to develop the Mechanical scope of work on projects
• Ability to perform preliminary estimates on projects when directed by Project Engineer
• Prior Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs