Kelly Services Administrative Assistant III in North Chicago, Illinois
Administrative Assistant IV
Corporate-Human Resources (HQHR)
Interviews early May offer hope to be made by end of 5/7
Location: The level IV Admin will be a general description ( that will fit the role we are filling) onsite 3-5 days a week, location Abbott Park, location might change but will be nearby.
Admin Level IV
Abbvie provides a vast array of opportunity for an individual looking for an organization with whom they can flourish and develop their careers in a variety of directions.
In addition to a beautiful environment, and a positive corporate employee culture where contingent staff are embraced as an integral part of their staffing to meet their business objectives.
Here are just a few of the perks you can look forward to enjoying once you have been offered and accepted a contingent position with Abbvie:
• Various technology and training available for anyone looking to expand and improve their current skill levels
• Leadership support to drive your career into areas of interest to meet your passion and career goals
• Flexible schedules in many cases, dependent on specific team with whom you work
• Collaborative team environment, creating a positive experience for those working at Abbvie
• Inter-Campus shuttles to get you from building to building with on demand service to allow you to make the most of your workday
• Complimentary shuttle service from the Metro to the campus
• Complimentary coffee service throughout their locations
Responsible for all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling WebEx and Telepresence setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provides general administrative support. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
• Effectively monitors manager and team calendars, proactively solves conflicts
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
• Interacts with high-level executives and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
• May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
• Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
• Orders business cards and stationery.
• Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite, and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
• Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
• May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
• Operates with general instruction and some supervision
• Safeguard’s Abbvie confidential information
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills:
• Fully understand assigned tasks and any associated expectations.
• Ask for clarification as needed
• Understand the deadlines and deliverables
• Communicate any obstacles that prevent completion of any deadline
• Provide status updates prior to any deadline
• Be a good listener
• Demonstrate strong Problem-Solving Skills
• Be Accountable and Responsible for actions/mistakes
• Challenges the team to always do better
• Prioritizes own work, balancing multiple requests for assistance. Establishes good working relationships with client areas; builds rapport and trust with others
• Some college preferred.
• Some leadership or supervisory experience desired
• Experience working in pharmaceutical company or CRO strongly preferred.
• 7+ years previous admin experience supporting executives
• Must have Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Concur, SharePoint, Visio or OrgPlus, and understanding of business processes and requirements
• “Make it happen” spirit & attitude as well as persistence.
• Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where needed
We need senior admin professionals with pharma/large corporation background who thrive on being self-starters, problems solvers and already have experience using our tools and resources ( Outlook, heavy calendaring, Global Travel Coordination and Expense report processing). Would like to see if we can find some candidates that have had some leadership/supervisory experience. At the least we need 7+ solid years in a large corporation supporting executives along with the other requirements. It’s a very fast paced team so we need two very solid candidates ready to roll.
I have attached a job description but also have added some on the job expectations of the role.
Communication Management: Ensure timely receipt, handling and delivery of timely communications through understanding the leader(s) and departments business and activities, anticipating the needs of the leader, delivering routine and ad hoc requests that consistently meet deadlines, provide materials and documents that have high accuracy, are concise and are professional. Prevent issues by escalating questions and issues to the leader(s) or appropriate department resources in a timely fashion, with potential solutions for quick resolution when appropriate. Work and collaboratively with all other assistants and practice careful communications, as necessary.
Administrative Support: Maintain and manage employees and leader(s) by:
• Scheduling meetings, preparing them for meetings and be where and when they need to be to minimize disruption to the business/function – limited to no duplications or conflicts with time, rooms are secured.
• Making travel arrangements
• Ordering Catering
• Manager calendars for sr. leaders, as designated.
Resource Management: Ensures supplies and equipment are appropriately maintained ensuring minimal to no disruption in leader and department activities. Performs other delegated tasks on behalf of the leader as assigned.
Event Management: Coordinates and manages internal and external meetings and events (all employee meetings, senior leader meetings, reward and recognition events, conferences, etc.) to achieve successful delivery – investigates options/proposals, event logistics, meeting planning, hotels, meeting rooms, technology, meals, communications, vendors, stakeholders and problem solve issues before and during events along with other duties assigned.
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs