McLean County Government Food Services Assistant in Normal, Illinois
FOOD SERVICES ASSISTANT – McLean County Nursing Home
Salary Range: $10.00 – 10.45/hour
The Food Services Assistant is responsible for assisting the cook in preparing meals, desserts, salads, drinks, serving at meals, cleaning up as well as helping keep the dietary department clean as per regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares salads, Jell-O, cakes, cookies etc.
- Set up dining room, clean tables, and prepares for next meal
- Delivers trays, picks up dirty trays, scrapes dishes and prepares for dishwasher
- Works on serving line as assigned
- Helps residents butter their rolls, bread, and cuts resident’s meat
- Works dish room to assist when needed
- Cleans freezer, ovens, pots and pans, and stainless-steel equipment
- Assist with food deliveries and cleans food storage area
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places in designated containers; steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the operation of standard kitchen equipment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to carry them out promptly and with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the staff, and the residents
- Sufficient stamina and agility to do light manual labor
- Knowledge of sanitation practices in food service
- Good physical health, including ability to lift dish racks and trays continuously for up to two hours
- Ability to follow oral and written orders
- Ability to make simple estimates relative to quantity of food required
- Ability to perform light unskilled manual labor such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently
- Ability to lift and maneuver moderately heavy tools and equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend recipes, menus, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions/procedures correctly
McLean County offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Member Rewards Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Spending Account (DSA)
- Supplemental Insurance: Life, Critical Illness and Accident
- County provided Life Insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF Pension)
- Paid time off: vacation days, personal days, sick days, holidays
- Identity Protection
- Charitable Giving
- Discounted Four Seasons Health Club Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
About McLean County Nursing Home
McLean County is the largest county by land area in the state of Illinois with a population of over 172,000. McLean County Government is a fast-moving and dynamic workplace established to locally administer Illinois State laws and serve the community in a variety of ways throughout our multitude of departments. With a $97 million operating budget, over 800 employees, and an Aa1 Bond Rating, McLean County Government is positioned to maintain and expand its reputation for excellence in local government.
McLean County Nursing Home has a long tradition of providing for the welfare and care of its citizens dating back to 1878. In 1974 the citizens of the County decided to continue the tradition of providing care to the elderly when they passed a referendum to build the current Nursing Home, at its current location.
While the citizens of McLean County can be very proud of the building they have provided, our most important asset is the professional, dedicated, and caring staff who work in our facility.
Our philosophy is to provide quality care in an atmosphere that allows both residents and their families to feel comfortable and welcomed during the resident’s stay. McLean County Nursing Home has a history of having a solid reputation in the community for providing consistent, quality care for those who live here. We intend to uphold that reputation by continuing to maintain and improve our standards of excellence.
To learn more about all the services McLean County Government provides the community, please visit https://mcleancountyil.gov/. For more information on McLean County Nursing home, please visit https://www.mcleancountyil.gov/91/Nursing-Home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply Now” at the top of this post.
*If applying through a third party job board, please fill out an application via McLean County Government’s Job Board located athttps://il-mcleancounty.civicplushrms.com/careers/Jobs.aspx
Confidentiality of your application is maintained upon request.
McLean County Government is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Nursing Home
Job Status: Not Specified
Closes On: December 20, 2020 at 05:29 PM CST