UnityPoint Health Rn Maternal in Moline, Illinois
RN Mother/Baby Full time .90 Days 6:45am-7:15pm
Cares for the postpartum mom (1-2 hours after delivery) and her Baby (Couplet). Also has Nursery role that attends deliveries and monitors baby during recovery after birth. Emphasis on monitoring, teaching, and watching for sick baby signs.
Utilizing the Nursing Process, coordinates and implements care of patients within an assigned unit of the hospital under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Patient Care Manager. Performs work of considerable difficulty. Represents nursing within Unity Point Health Trinity and works to improve the health of the communities we serve.
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver the Best Outcome Every Patient, Every Time- regardless of your position. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives. UnityPoint Health sets high expectations for team members in order to establish a trusted team capable of taking on the toughest of challenges.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies,procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Education: Diploma from an RN program. BSN degree perferred.
Experience: Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
License(s)/Certification(s): Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in primary state. Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Must obtain NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) prior to completion of orientation. Prefer RNC in Maternal/Child
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2020-80379
Street: 500 John Deere Rd
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Mother/Baby- MO
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 0645-1915
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org