Albertsons High-Volume Talent Acquisition Strategist in MELROSE PARK, Illinois
Talent Acquisition Strategist -- High-Volume
Albertsons Companies has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our fun and growing Talent Acquisition team. This is a new role where you will be a trusted thought partner to leaders across our supply chain organization. You will drive talent efforts based on organizational needs and develop proactive recruitment strategies to fill critical front-line roles. As the first point of contact for future team members, you will be accountable for upholding and championing Albertsons Companies brand and culture. To do this, you will recruit with intent, hire with emotional and cultural intelligence, and welcome team members with approachability and meaningful engagement.
What does it take to be successful here? You are fast paced, highly motivated, and people centered. You have an eye for talent and are uncompromising in your talent standards. You drive world-class candidate experiences throughout the candidate life cycle. You continually evaluate processes to find opportunities for improvement. You build trust and rapport with business partners.
If this is you, then what are we waiting for? Let's do this!
The High-Volume Talent Acquisition Strategist will report to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition. This position is based in our Melrose Distribution Center. This role will be remote from your immediate supervisor and will have dotted-line reporting to the local Human Resources manager.
As the local recruiter of record for the Melrose Distribution Center(s), you must have an intensive understanding of front-line talent in areas of supply chain, logistics, and distribution centers. You will work closely with Human Resources and supply chain leaders in understanding business needs, as well as executing full cycle recruiting strategies. You will be responsible for the recruitment process end to end including sourcing, interviewing, candidate assessments, hiring, offer, coordination, and onboarding. You will also be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and influencing hiring managers and human resources partners in recruiting best practices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Talent Acquisition Strategy -- Develop national recruitment strategies in partnership with Talent Acquisition team members and create buy-in across the organization. This will involve creating integrated approaches to talent acquisition across the candidate and manager life cycle while defining one-best-way processes that consider existing approaches as well as external best practices. Implemented talent acquisition strategies should include consideration for entire associate life-cycle including level of engagement, turnover impacts, and performance management.
Localized Talent -- Understand local talent dynamics and business needs to build innovative recruitment strategies that align with overall organizational talent acquisition objectives. Create local talent communities and pipelines to engage active and passive jobseekers while identifying novel avenues of procuring local talent. Build and maintain relationships with candidates through day one with the organization and partner with local teams to ensure a seamless transition to associate.
Business Partnership - Build relationships with supply chain leaders across multiple facilities. Strong business partner focus and commitment to continuous improvement; skilled in proactive networking and building working relationships, must consistently evaluate cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek and evaluate sourcing solutions, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to your partners.
Talent Selection -- Develop candidate selection strategies that drive selection based upon a series of role-specific sourcing tools, candidate assessments, and interview guides appraising candidate fit based upon their qualifications relevant to role-specific competencies. This includes building and developing assessment configurations and interview guides. Implementation of strategies to drive high interview: offer ratios.
Diversity and Inclusion -- Develop an integrated approach and leverage talent acquisition data to ensure we are engaging local communities to develop pipelines and slates of candidates for selection that enable us to build teams as diverse as the communities we serve.
Data and Analytics -- Leverage data to create actionable intelligence and draw insights for supply chain leaders. Create forward looking plans based upon identified trends and analytics that turn data into clear data narratives for business partners.
Continuous Quality Improvement -- Develop, promote, and act as an advocate for world class hiring experiences for candidates and business partners. Consistently evaluate internal and external processes for quality of experience, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness including measures of cost-per-apply and cost-per-hire.
Brand Evangelist -- Grow omnichannel employment brand and recruiting presence while providing complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates reinforcing the culture and employer value proposition of Albertsons Companies.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to analyze organizational developments and deploy strategies anticipative future employment needs
- Build strategic partnerships with hiring managers and human resource business partners
- Proactively identify future talent needs and build recruiting strategies inclusive sourcing and talent pool development
- Seek new sourcing solutions, and develop creative approaches to developing pipelines and delivering candidates
- Align localized tactics with organizational talent acquisition objectives
- Develop communications, recruitment marketing, creative and collateral to engage local and national jobseekers
- Ability to turn data into consistent, simple, and meaningful reports for business partners
- Tech savvy with the ability to leverage all available tools including social media, job boards, local media, etc.
- Strong MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Trustworthiness to handle sensitive and confidential company information
- Maintenance and storage of all recruiting records as required by law
- Current and familiar with employment law in the states of responsibility
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- 3+ years' experience in full cycle, high-volume, high growth recruiting environments (i.e., retail, call center, etc.)
- 1 year of experience working in supply chain talent acquisition
- Experience working with Oracle Recruiting Cloud and Oracle Cloud HR systems
- Possession of SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles:
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Must sit, stand for extended periods of time
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required
Travel Requirements: approximately <10% travel (dependent on location)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled