Caterpillar, Inc. Molding Specialist -- Alternate Work Schedule (See Posting) in Mapleton, Illinois
Molding Specialist -- Alternate Work Schedule (See Posting)
Alternate Work Schedule - 1st Shift
Friday - 4 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday- 4 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sunday - 4 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Alternate Work Schedule - 2nd Shift
Thursday - 4 p.m. - 5:20 a.m.
Friday - 4 p.m. - 5:20 a.m.
Saturday - 4 p.m. - 5:20 a.m.
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Molding Specialist you will set up, operate, adjust and/or monitor molding machines to produce molds. You will set a variety of cores in molds and investigate causes of rejected castings. You will also review foundry methods; isolate problems and make recommendations to eliminate defects and salvage castings.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with molding machines to produce molds
- Set cores in molds
- Investigates causes of rejected castings
- Review Foundry methods
- Isolates problems and makes recommendations to eliminate defects and salvage castings
- Two years of prior work experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand throughout a 12 hour shift
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous manufacturing or foundry experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to learn all aspects of job assignments
- Positions are on an alternate work schedule
- Starting salary is $20.59 plus an additional $.30 per hour night shift bonus
- Positions are Supplemental – 40 or more hours per week with no paid vacation and holidays and limited medical benefits
- No relocation reimbursement is offered
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Mapleton
Unposting Date: Dec 7, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 180008Q1