Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Maintenance/Machine Repair Technician - 3rd Shift in Machesney Park, Illinois
Maintenance/Machine Repair Technician - 3rd Shift
10818 N 2nd St, Machesney Park, IL 61115, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Our Machesney Park, IL location is looking for an experienced Maintenance/Machine Repair Technician for Cold Heading and Thread Rolling Machines. This person will be responsible for repairing, trouble shooting and problem solving on the production floor. The desired candidate will need to have knowledge of electrical components, high and low voltage, hydraulics, welding/fabricating and mechanically skilled to be able to dismantle machine components.
· Tests and repairs malfunctioning production equipment/machinery and notifies appropriate personnel
· Install equipment, machines, or programs to meet specifications
· Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determine what maintenance is needed
· Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, and micrometers
· Assemble and install equipment using hand and power tools
· Uses welding skills/equipment (TIG, Stick, Torch) to fabricate and repair chutes, conveyors, hoppers, etc.
· Basic knowledge to use, Milling Machine, Brake press, Drill press, and general machine shop equipment to modify dies, reels, Metal parts.
· Repair machinery a lathe, mill, drill press, and other tools as required.
· Maintains current knowledge and actively addresses safety and environmental issues.
· Other duties may include: janitorial, plumbing, pipefitting, painting, security, carpentry.
· Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
· High School diploma required
· Associates degree from a Technical College preferred
· Apprenticeship or Journeyman experience preferred
· Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
· Forklift Truck Experience required
· 3-5+ years maintenance experience
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs