Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Forklift Driver in Lockport, Illinois
15901 W 147th St, Lockport, IL 60491, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative- thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.5 billion in 2014.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Coordinate shipments and ensure all orders are loaded in a timely manner. Adhere to customer shipping window times and eliminate delays or detention. Ship confirm/ASN all shipments ensure last daily shipments are loaded and the ASN provided.
This position requires the receiving inspection based on customer specification of all types of purchased parts and materials along with the proper handling and storage of the product in a warehouse environment.
• Inspects all types of purchased parts for conformance
• Inspects raw components for adherence to application customer specifications
• Rejects purchased parts and assemblies that do not meet Receiving Inspection Standards
• Stamps or otherwise approves acceptable parts and completes paperwork as required
• Interprets Receiving Inspection Stand diagrams to arrive at specified quality and reliability standards
• Leads warehouse associates with proper handling and storage of product
• Establishes warehouse locations for product in accordance to current volumes
• Assist with loading/unloading trucks, wrapping outgoing product and handling/storage of product
• Assist with Shipping Clerk functions as needed
• Any and all tasks as assigned.
Materials, Tools, & Equipment used:
• Materials worked with – All forms of purchased parts and assembly’s subcontractor or company, plastics, rubber, metals, and other types of materials and suppliers
• Tools used – Precision measuring instruments – micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators, vernier calipers, threaded and special gauges. Also checking fixtures, templates, magnifying glass, scales and inspection stamps.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required
• 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must possess ability to mentor and coach employees
• Proficient verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational skills required
• Motivated to grow and develop skills for advancement
• Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have some knowledge of tools and equipment used for this job – Calipers, various gauges, scales, etc.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule of overtime and some weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 708-720-7120 to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs