Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee - Online Workflows in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee - Online Workflows
Requisition Number: 405363 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: DSL-Data Science and Learning Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with our Data Science and Learning Division (DSL).
In this role you will work to develop, test, and run locally created software to orchestrate and schedule online data analysis and reduction workflows and co-design campaigns on the most powerful high-performance computing systems. This work will include collaborative research and development of this software and dissemination of the results to the community.
We expect you to have:
- Significant experience in a high-level programming language (e.g., C, C++, Fortran) and the Linux/Unix programming environment is required.
- Experience with high-performance computing systems is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Ability to conduct independent work is required.
- Experience with online workflows or streaming systems is desired.Experience with Python-based analytics (e.g., Numpy, Pandas) is desirable.
- Familiarity with parallel programming using MPI is desired.
To be eligible, candidates must have completed their Ph.D. within the last three years.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.