Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee – Electrodialysis Researcher in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee – Electrodialysis Researcher
Requisition Number: 409111 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: AMD-Applied Materials Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Applied Materials Division (AMD) at Argonne National Laboratory conducts research to developsustainable innovativetechnologies foradvanced materials manufacturing, improve the efficiency of resource and energy utilization, and to minimize our dependence on imported resources and to enhance our national security.
A Postdoctoral Appointment is now open for a candidate to conduct research in the area of bipolarelectrodialysis.The chosen candidate will possess a good knowledge and experience related to electrodialysis theory and practical operations and is expected to lead bench and pilot scale unit operations under the direction of the PI. The project aim is to use electrodialysis to develop a new technique to make a specific material in cost saving fashion without compromising desired properties and quality of the product. Proficiency in material characterization and analysis, including trace elements, is expected from the candidate.
- A recent (0-2 years) Ph.D. degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, environmental engineering or electrochemistry.
- Considerable experience in planning, designing and carrying out experiment.
- Considerable knowledge of processing and analyzing results.
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment including large scale equipment.
- Experience working with equipment such as pumps, membranes, and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of materials separation equipment and techniques.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well asindependently.
- Abilities in oral and written communication and presentation to internal and external audiences.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
What will put you ahead:
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment software.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.
Argonne National Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory Jobs