Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee - de Pablo in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee - de Pablo
Requisition Number: 410015 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The research project aims to develop multiscale models, simulation techniques, and workflows for study of block copolymer structure and assembly, as well as study of ionic transport in charged polymeric materials. These models will explore structure property relationships of polymeric materials, as well as their efficient coarse graining and have a primary focus on dynamic properties including ion transport and rheology.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Primary degree in chemical engineering or material science with a focus on soft materials and their simulation.
- Experience and deep knowledge of polymer physics, polymer theory and simulation, and significant background in machine learning techniques preferred, particularly polymer/polymer interfaces.
- Experience with a variety of simulation techniques including molecular dynamics, umbrella sampling, and metadynamics.
- Strong coding skills (Python, C++, Fortran) and experience working with high performance computing.
- Experience and deep knowledge of polymer physics, polymer theory and simulation, and significant background in machine learning techniques preferred.
- The position will involve both improving simulation methods and techniques as well as pen and paper theory for the development to improve the methods of modelling soft material dynamics.
- The candidate is expected to think and work independently and conduct research in a highly interdisciplinary environment of chemists, physicists, and materials scientists.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Argonne National Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory Jobs