Kelly Services LC/MS Scientist in Lake Forest, Illinois
Kelly Science is seeking a LC/MS Scientist is Lake Forest, IL.
The scope of support activities that this group offers includes: tech transfer, technical support for complex analytical and process investigations, supporting the design approaches for process validation in conjunction with operations teams, assessment and support of on market products in the areas of non-conforming materials, line extensions and second sourcing activities.
This Scientist will primarily be responsible for laboratory activities (compatibility studies. Method transfer, method remediation and impurity ID) for assigned projects. This individual also will prepare and review technical documents, including validation protocols/ reports and test procedures. Independently performs all technical assignments, and is able to troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
• Proficient in HPLC/UPLC testing and method development.
• Expertise with impurity ID for small molecules using LC-MS.
• Support developmental and exhibit batch testing, as well as other studies to support regulatory submissions.
• Support the development of HPLC/UPLC methods.
• Support the identification of unknown compounds using mass spectrometry.
• When required perform experiments in accordance with cGMP regulations, established business processes and protocols, and applicable SOP’s.
• Document laboratory work that is detailed, timely and in compliance with GSP/GMP requirements.
• Conduct technical data reviews, and present data interpretation and conclusions to customers for making informed decisions.
• Prepares and reviews technical documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures, investigation reports and change controls.
• BS degree with approximately 5 years of experience or MS with approximately 2 years of experience or a PhD. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
• Experience with HPLC/UPLC testing and method development
• Experience with Mass spectrometry testing of small molecules (impurity ID).
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the use of MS Office (Word, Excel) are required
• Independent, accountable, attention to detail, ability to effectively balance multiple projects, and strong interpersonal/communication skills are required.
• Must be highly motivated and self-directed
• Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and works well with personnel at all levels
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lake Forest, IL are encouraged to apply.
• Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
• Life and disability insurance
• 401(k) with company match
• Paid vacation and holidays
Interested? Apply Now!
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
- Kelly Services Jobs