Novartis Pharmaceuticals Customer Experience Specialist–Respiratory–Joliet–Remote in Joliet, Illinois
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
The Customer Experience Specialist will be the backbone of the new custodial approach to meeting customer needs in a dynamic market. The Respiratory “CES” will provide a single-point of contact and seamless customer approach to Healthcare Providers, Key Accounts and Local Systems of Care.
The CES is integral to successfully delivering a seamless approach to healthcare providers (HCP). The CES will be responsible for understanding the needs of key providers, accounts and systems of care in the Respiratory market. In our Unbossed and Accountable Franchise, you will be responsible for optimizing the customer experience and accountable for the strategic business plan. The CES will be responsible for leveraging approved materials in clinical discussions. They will respond to customer questions and concerns on accessing our respiratory product for appropriate patients by fully understanding the reimbursement landscape, and suite of patient services. They will deploy face-to-face and virtual approaches based on the needs of the localized area. The CESs will provide disease education to key HCPs and teams in Systems of Care.
Your Key Responsibilities:
The CES will be the primary commercial point of contact for customers in their territories. Their responsibilities will include educating HCPs and all appropriate patient facing customers on our respiratory product and providing appropriate patient resources and education on access and reimbursement. This includes appropriately differentiating the brand, providing patient support services, access and reimbursement information, and working with cross-functional counterparts such as Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM) and SoCs where appropriate. This team will be responsible for pull through of marketing strategies and tactics. They will develop strategic business plans that account for key customer needs, targeting, time management and use of omni-channel marketing materials.
In the quest for a strong customer experience, CESs will work to ensure product access by providing appropriate proactive education on the access and reimbursement processes. CESs will be responsible for handling easily-resolvable access and reimbursement issues. They will also appropriately triage buy and bill, contracting, specialty pharmacy, and in-depth payer issues to the Field Reimbursement Manager or Business Engagement Manager.
In select Systems of Care and Key Accounts, the CESs will be responsible for understanding the needs of key HCPs and their teams (Respiratory Therapists, Asthma Educators, Care Navigators), and educating on the need for disease management and control. They will identify and refer appropriate matters to the SoC team to provide deeper business analytics for Systems of Care, and Key Accounts.
Customer Experience Specialist–Respiratory–Joliet–Remote
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Four (4) or more years’ experience in patient services, reimbursement and/or sales calling on HCPs with respect to a complex product
• Experience in the respiratory therapeutic area preferred
• Ability to seek relevant business opportunities to maximize customer experiences within a field facing and virtual model
• Demonstrated success in a matrix environment working with cross-functional team members
• Ability to address customer questions regarding the distribution model.
• Demonstrated ethical leadership and ability to foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment; flexible and innovative competencies, are a strong plus
• Self-starter with analytic abilities to seek out, prioritize, and apply relevant information to solve complex problems to meet the needs of customers and health systems
• Ability to assimilate and communicate complex clinical and product information
• Overnight travel is required based on business and customer needs
• Must live in close proximity to geography supported
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.