FedEx Delivery Driver/Courier - DOT Swing Shift $20.34 per hour plus benefits - RC259287 in Hillside, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7520581 Job Title: Delivery Driver/Courier - DOT Swing Shift $20.34 per hour plus benefits
nJob Requisition Number: RC259287
nCategory: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
nJob Family: FXE-US: Driver
nTime Type: Full Time
To Operate Company Vehicles And Provide Courteous And Efficient Delivery And Pick Up Of Packages; To Check Shipments For Conformance To Fedex Features Of Service; To Provide Coverage For All Assigned Routes Within The Station'S Service Area; To Provide Related Customer Service Functions.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Six (6) Months Courier Experience Preferred. Must Be Able To Demonstrate Area Knowledge. Must Obtain And Maintain A Valid Drivers License In Accordance With Your State Requirements For Type Of Vehicle Assigned And Have Good Driving Record As Outlined In Policy. Ability To Lift 50 Lbs. Ability To Maneuver Packages Of Any Weight Above 50 Lbs With Appropriate Equipment And/Or Assistance From Another Person. Good Human Relations And Verbal Communication Skills. Thorough Knowledge Of The Station'S Service Area Preferred. Demonstrated Skills In Adaptability, Dependability, And Excellent Courier Methods. Neat Appearance Since Customer Contact Is Required. Must Meet And Maintain The Qualifications As Outlined In The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Requires Medical Exam In Accordance With Fmcsa Or Faa Regulations. Note: There Are Specific Requirements For Any Employee That Operates A Company Vehicle. Please Refer To Policy 4-48 For Exact Job Requirements.
Non-Covered Safety Sensitive Position. Medical Exam Required. Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
FT TUES-SAT 1030-1900
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to complete a profile or to submit responses to qualifying questions may contact Reginald Stewart at 1-866-730-1021.
Please click below to learn more about your rights as an Applicant under Federal Employment Laws:
+ Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
+ EEO is the Law Supplement
+ Pay Transparency Policy
+ Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
+ Employee Polygraph Protection Act
E-Verify Program Participant: FedEx Express participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only).
Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program:
+ E-Verify Notice (bilingual)
+ Right to Work Notice (English) / (Spanish)
If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click below to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance FedEx Express will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEW YORK CORRECTION LAW
LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT OF ERSONS PREVIOUSLY CONVICTED OF ONE OR MORE CRIMINAL OFFENSES
Section 750. Definitions.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
754. Written statement upon denial of license or employment.
•750. Definitions. For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Public agency " means the state or any local subdivision thereof, or any state or local department, agency, board or commission.
(2) "Private employer " means any person, company, corporation, labor organization or association which employs ten or more persons.
(3) "Direct relationship " means that the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted has a direct bearing on his fitness or ability to perform one or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the license, opportunity, or job in question.
(4) "License " means any certificate, license, permit or grant of permission required by the laws of this state, its political subdivisions or instrumentalities as a condition for the lawful practice of any occupation, employment, trade, vocation, business, or profession. Provided, however, that "license " shall not, for the purposes of this article, include any license or permit to own, possess, carry, or fire any expl