CDI Front Office in Geneva, Illinois
As a Front Office Associate, you will be the first point of contact for patients and referring professionals -- answering phones, cheerfully greeting and registering patients, scheduling patient procedures, and acting a liaison between medical technologists and patients waiting for exams.
CDI delivers quality patient-centered care, showing in words and actions the true meanings of our core values of accountability, compassion, drive, excellence and integrity. Day in and day out, you'll be part of a team providing a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures with compassion and integrity to ensure the highest quality, access, service and value to our patients, referring providers and partners. You will play an important part in that process by actively listening to patients' needs, and showing empathy to every patient you speak with.
Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing our core values of accountability, compassion, drive, excellence, and integrity.
- Greets and checks-in patients scheduled for imaging services; registers demographic information and processes payment plans and copays
- Answers phones and handles calls in an efficient and friendly manner
- Fields calls appropriately for center associates
- Acts as liaison between technologists and the patients waiting for exams and relays messages regarding scanner status and other clinic information
- Maintains front office lobby area by straightening magazines, organizing coffee supplies and assisting with general office clean up
- Orders office supplies as needed
- Maintains supply of patient information sheets
- Pushes imaging via electronic interfaces
- Completes confirmation calls and provides preparation instructions to patient
- Faxes reports, billing information, and medical release forms as requested
(25%) Scheduling & Insurance
- Schedules patients and enters orders
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate database on all current and potential referring physicians
- Accurately maintains patient records within radiology information system (RIS)
- Assists with arranging interpreter services, transportation and hotel accommodations for patients when appropriate
- Maintains an up to date and accurate pending-scheduling list
- Checks all exams for pre-certification with patient's insurance company
- Uses knowledge of insurance carriers (example Medicare) and procedures that require waivers to obtain authorization if needed prior to appointment
- Handles release of information requests for patients, referring offices, other medical facilities, attorneys & insurance companies following company guidelines
(10%) Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service to internal and external customers by communicating with integrity and compassion; 1+ years customer service experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; proficient with using computer systems and typing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical office experience
At Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), we specialize in answers.
CDI is a leading national network of outpatient medical imaging and related services with a
team of more than 2,000 associates across the country working together for one purpose: to provide valuable answers that providers and their patients need to make critical health care decisions.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled