NAES Corporation Administrative Assistant in Elwood, Illinois
Elwood, IL, USA
About NAES: We are an independent services company dedicated to delivering value to facilities across the power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, and manufacturing industries. For more than 35 years, we have drawn on our deep experience in advisory, operations, maintenance, fabrication, construction, engineering, compliance, technical support, asset management and energy management services to assess, build, operate and maintain sites that run safely, reliably and cost-effectively.
We operate more than 190 power plants throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico that span all technologies and provide over 46 GW of capacity. With the strength of 4000 people, our growing family of companies now addresses the entire life cycle of power generation and other industrial plants.
NAES offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package (including retirement) and promotional opportunities.
- At NAES, we believe that one of the most critical positions of a well-run power plant is the Plant Administrator. We are looking for someone to join our team who is dedicated to making sure all day-to-day administrative tasks are taken care of efficiently, reliably, and properly.
- The Plant Administrator provides analysis, planning, scheduling, and coordination of administrative duties to ensure timely completion of payroll, general accounting and office procedures. The Plant Administrator also administers Human Resources policies and procedures at the plant.
Your scope of responsibility as Plant Administrator includes the following primary functions:
- Process employee payroll and payroll reporting in accordance with Corporate Accounting procedures.
- Administer procedures for inventory maintenance and physical inventory.
- Provide customer with accurate and timely invoices, inventory summaries, cash requirements, budget variance reports and other requirements as requested by customer.
- Assist with location, screening and hiring of plant personnel.
- Responsible for benefits administration of plant personnel in accordance with Corporate Human Resources requirements.
- Prepare and maintain accounts payable and accounts receivables in accordance with Corporate Accounting procedures and customer requirements.
- Oversee the issuance of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and match vendor invoices with material packing lists to permit approval of vendor payments.
- Lead plant budget preparation and monitoring.
- Administer the Fitness for Duty policy in accordance with policy.
- Maintain accurate records of employee training, safety and workers compensation claims.
- Fully support and participate in NAES Safety and Regulatory Compliance Programs.
Safety is a core value of NAES and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each and every employee’s performance.
- This is a day shift position. Position will require extended working hours and varied shifts at times with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions. "On call" status will periodically be required.
- All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
- We are seeking a candidate whose work history demonstrates a strong background in office administration with an emphasis in general accounting and payroll.
- General knowledge of Human Resources practices is desirable.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in accounting or business administration is preferred.
- Must be proficient with computer skills (Microsoft Office suite desired).
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills needed in order to coordinate and complete multiple activities and tasks.
It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
Microsoft Office Suite
Vendor Invoice Matching
Verbal and Written Communications
PreferredWe are seeking a candidate who has a work history that demonstrates a strong background in office administration with an emphasis in general accounting and payroll.
Posted: February 26, 2021