JPMorgan Chase Spanish<>English Document Translator in Elgin, Illinois
The Spanish English document Translator will be a member of the Communications and Translations Services Team. This team's core objective is ensuring that all translations reflect the company's brand through language and tone. Translated documents should be grammatically correct and contextually accurate.
The Spanish English document Translator will be responsible for performing accurate, high quality translations, as well as Review/Edit, and Proofreading of translated documents in financial, legal, marketing, and other areas required by the institution. The desired candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and comply with delivery times.
This is not a work from home position, relocation services are not available.
• Production of document translations Spanish English in support of all lines of business to ensure accuracy, consistency of messaging and tone across the organization
• Provision of editorial review/proofing of translations produced by an external provider or internal resource
• Management and use of linguistic resources including: Term bases, CAT tools, translation memories, glossaries, and style guides
• Management of proposed new/updated terminology on a timely basis
• Compliance with control and information privacy protocols and procedures as established by the firm
• Timely delivery of translation/review project deliverables
• Responsibility to ensure language quality of all produced and reviewed translations
Skills and Competencies:
• Expertise in translating written content required
• Expertise in financial, legal and regulatory content preferred but not required
• Must possess a strong command of grammar English and Spanish
• Must be self-motivated
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Must possess effective time management skills to meet deadlines
• Must be able to identify and resolve situations that require attention as well as issues requiring escalation
• Must be able to relay the tone and style of the original language
• Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish; native or near native fluency in English required.
• Must be equally capable of providing Spanish to English and English to Spanish written translation
• Must possess effective time-management, organizational, and leadership competencies
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) is required
• Must be detail Oriented and able to work well with a team of translators and other partners
• Must be able to accept and provide peer review of translations
• Must be able to identify and understand proper use of linguistic tone and expressions in English and Spanish
Experience and Education:
• 2-3 years of full time Professional Written Translation Experience, English into Spanish and Spanish into English required. Professional written translation experience in other languages is a plus, but not required.
• Translation Certification (ATA, etc. ) strongly preferred but not required
• Should possess experience in financial, legal, marketing content translation, with consumer banking related translation a plus
• A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
• Requires advanced knowledge of communications and possession of excellent writing and editing skills in both English and Spanish
• Experience in management and use of translation tools including: CAT tools (SDL Memo, etc.), Translation tools including glossaries/term bases, translation memories, and style guides preferredChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs