Cabela's Maintenance Team Lead in East Peoria, Illinois
Position summary: Completes work order service requests in support of store operations. Performs preventive maintenance, and over sees service contractors delivery of routine maintenance (housekeeping, landscape maintenance, pest control, etc.). Must possess broad skills in various building trades (I.E. plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, etc.) and broad mechanical aptitude. Duties include building and equipment repair and installation, and project work relating to store sales initiatives. Additionally, this position is responsible to support corporate facility maintenance, energy conservation, and waste management programs.
· Electrical repair; lamp changing, light fixture repair/installation, diagnostic capability.
· Plumbing repair; pump and fixture installations/replacements/repair, drain cleaning, diagnostic capability
· Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning; basic understanding of commercial equipment operation and maintenance procedures
· Basic mechanical repair on tractors, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and other equipment as required
· Basic building repair; painting, wall repair, minor carpentry, floor repair, etc.
· Perform periodic building operation “tune up” to ensure energy conservation and waste management efforts at the store level are consistent with over all corporate facility programs
· This position is expected to remain flexible in work scheduling to meet changing store objectives
· Performs other duties as required
· Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed
Education and/or Experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to read and analyze certain reports, write reports and business correspondence
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public
Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management
Bass Pro Shops
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops (http://www.basspro.com/) is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s (http://www.cabelas.com/) to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group (http://www.whiterivermg.com/) , offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge (http://www.bigcedar.com/) , America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”