PDS Tech Inc Lead Chemical Engineer in Des Plaines, Illinois
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Lead Chemical Engineer, in Des Plaines, IL.
• Perform refinery and petrochemical process design work as required to produce Schedule A design packages working as a member of a design team and perform studies relating to revamp of existing processing units.
• Work under close to moderate supervision. Results are reviewed and technical guidance is available.
• Decision making limited to routine issues / problems.
• Creation of the basic design engineering package for technology customer projects.
• Run process simulation tools for design and alternate cases.
• Size process piping and run hydraulics.
• Develop project specifications including all major equipment.
• Coordinate the development of the PFD and P&ID flow diagrams.
• Complete assigned design work per the agreed budget and schedule.
• Keep Project Manager informed of progress on assigned tasks. Bring any problems with man-hour overruns or schedule delays to the Project Manager as early as possible.
• Attend and participate in project team meetings.
• Contribute and participate in customer meetings as assigned and agreed with the Project Manager.
• Apply current design practices and tools for completion of assigned tasks.
• Be familiar with the work process and quality policy and apply as appropriate to each project.
• Document all calculations and work processes in a clear, concise format.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
• 5-15 plus years of refining experience (Operation or Design)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.