Honeywell ISC Scale-Up Leader (Discrete Manufacturing Engineer) in Des Plaines, Illinois
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
This is a senior role within the Operations Group focused on developing the efficient manufacturing and assembly of discrete parts used in our new Energy Storage system. In this role, you will lead the effort to develop manufacturing plans that align with our business forecasts. These plans will have to scale quickly from early low volume to mass production of several unique and highly engineered parts to hit production cost targets. This will require a SIOP process that is based on annual operating and strategic plans considering demand, capacity, inventory and manpower planning, factory investment planning, and make vs buy decisions. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the business, design engineers, R&D specialists, internal / external fabrication sites to accomplish the direct responsibilities outlined below. The department responsibilities outline the expectations of the department that will evolve as commercial production grows in line with demand.
Key Direct Responsibilities
• Lead the effort to move from prototype production through a design for manufacturing process to a lean design suitable for the first commercial production runs
• Develop local manufacturing plans and associated supply chain for first low volume commercial production considering appropriate tooling and automation
• Scale-up commercial production from low volume local production to high volume production manufactured in low cost regions using optimized tooling and automation
• As part of the scale-up effort, drive the make vs buy analysis to determine the best immediate and long-term approach to manufacturing
• Work with procurement to qualify and contract key suppliers to ensure a competitive advantage in the marketplace
Key Department Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain the SIOP (sales, inventory, and planning) process with Product Management and Manufacturing leaders. Identify throughput constraints by performing capacity, simulation, what-if scenario analysis.
• Support manufacturing objectives for cost, quality, on time delivery and safety.
• Develop strategic plan for factory space, manpower, equipment and automation.
• Execute to the annual operating plan with a focus On-Time Delivery, Working Capital, Material Productivity, Product Costs and Supplier Management.
• Drive factory improvement project priorities through the use of analytical tools.
• Manage global inventory of raw materials, work in process, sub-assemblies, and finished goods to support on-time delivery metrics while meeting working capital goals
• Ensure continuity of supply to support and achieve on-time delivery metrics to our customers
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Operations
• B.S. degree in Supply Chain Management or Operations
• Minimum 7+ years of progressive global sourcing experience
• At least 3 years in a leadership role (global procurement background preferred)
• Strong knowledge of MRP systems (material requirements planning)
• Experience scaling up multi-component plastic parts and high-volume low-cost production of discrete parts
• Ability to negotiate highly complex contracts
• Sharp interpersonal skills to lead, including savvy with influencing other team employees (especially those indirectly reporting into this position)
• Business acumen knowledge of current and emerging practices, methods, and information relating to discipline and application within the industry
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Strong management operating system that facilitates communication
• Manufacturing process control and performance analysis
• Six Sigma principles
• Simulation modeling
• Statistical Quality Control
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience applying Lean Manufacturing Principles (Process Improvement and methods optimization)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs