Walgreens Sr. Director, Finance Global Process Owner - Procure to Pay in DEERFIELD, Illinois
The Senior Director, Finance Global Process Owner - Procure to Pay role is accountable for the governance and proactive development and enhancement of their end-to-end finance process across the WBA enterprise. End-to-end financial processes covered by this role may include Procure to Pay (the approach WBA uses to purchase goods and services), Healthcare Accounts Receivable (the processes involved in paying and monitoring healthcare related bills and its impact on cash flow), and Record to Report (how the Company collects, processes and delivers relevant and accurate financial information used to understand how a business is performing).
Acting as the Finance custodian, ensures processes are effectively documented, governed and continuously improved over time to reflect best in class process design which includes governance of the process, controls, technology and masterdata which together constitute the end to end of a financial process.
The GPO must collaborate with process stakeholders and peer process owners to ensure effective and efficient process operations and to identify and leverage global cross-process synergies.
The GPO also monitors process performance and prioritization and is accountable for the delivery of the Transformation Roadmap projects, initiatives and inputs to the Innovation Council that will drives process-related investment decisions and implementation. Additionally, the GPO is accountable for ensuring process compliance with all relevant legislation and company procedures.
The individual will report to the VP Global Finance Shared Services role, and work in close partnership with the Divisional CFO’s, Financial Controllers and Operational Senior Finance Managers in their respective finance focus area: Procure to Pay, Healthcare Accounts Receivable or Record-to-Report.
This individual will also have oversight for a large global outsourced workforce and be responsible for managing and delivering within a complex matrixed organization.
• Define and communicate a clear vision and strategy for end-to-end process across the operating model
• Creating and implementing Global Policies, guidance, measurement and monitoring across the WBA Finance organization
• Develop and translate strategy into operational goals, objectives, and process transformation roadmap
• Lead the execution of a global strategy for an end-to-end process including associated policies and technologies
• Stay abreast of process trends and leading best practices occurring in the marketplace to inform strategic direction and process enhancement.
• Review end-to-end process performance and provide ongoing governance for process adoption and business demand
• Participate in governance management boards to provide input on items such as process scope and service delivery and assist in resolving operational issues (Example: Transforamtion Steering Committee & Innovation Council)
• Participate in GPO Community of Practice to share leading practices and leverage global cross-process opportunities
• Work in conjunction with the performance management team to develop and operationalize applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of assigned end-to-end process
• Create a prioritized pipeline of process related improvements and opportunities
• Determine which opportunities to pursue with a focus on reducing process costs, increasing efficiency, and maximizing investment returns
• Build business cases to quantify the cost and value of process opportunities and advocate for funding as necessary
• Drive global deployment and adoption of a standard end-to-end process, with the divisions and corporate functions whilst minimizing the requirement for customization as required
• Make key decisions related to the process, including target setting, process performance, and financial management
• Drive major process redesign efforts and be accountable for their successful implementation• Act as a key stakeholder to foster a culture which monitors and meets the needs of the business through process excellence and improvement
• Collaborate with corporate functions, data owners/stewards, and peers to ensure consistency and alignment across policy, process, and data
• Collaborate with the business, corporate, and Enterprise Business Services to ensure resources are properly trained on processes, policies, and systems
• Build and maintain relationships at all levels throughout the organization
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
Job ID: 525762BR
Title: Sr. Director, Finance Global Process Owner - Procure to Pay
Company Indicator: Walgreens Boots Alliance
Job Function: Finance/Accounting
Full Store Address: 108 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL 60015
Full District Office Address: 108 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-5145-01108-2
External Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years experience with financial and accounting processes, system implementations, shared services and process / technology improvements or High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years experience with financial and accounting processes, system implementations, shared services and process / technology improvements.
Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team and across cross functional matrix teams.
Experience creating process maps for large complex matrix process improvement projects.
Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions and experience in synthesizing the information into the big picture view.
Experience supporting and implementing strategic initiatives to align with business goals and budget.
At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
At least 5 years of experience in direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications: Master Degree / MBA / CPA
Knowledge and experience within a global shared services organization.
Proven track record with business process improvement and digital automation
Deep experience in Project Management, with proven ability to lead large scale projects from inception through delivery
Demonstrated ability to lead change; strong change management experience; highly collaborative leader
At least 5 years of experience managing complex projects (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Experience in pharmacy industry in areas such as Retail, PBM, Managed Care, Mail Service, and Specialty Pharmacy as it relates to accounting practices, accounts payable and receivables functions.
Experience in identifying diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Walgreens Jobs