Walgreens Senior Financial Analyst - Supply Chain in DEERFIELD, Illinois
Develops complex financial models to support decision making related to complex business issues including new product development analysis, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, impacts of regulatory changes, capital analysis, revenue models and profit margin analysis. Emphasis on forecasting, analyzing current performance through the creation and monitoring of product metrics, and conducting prospective and ongoing economic analysis of products including marketing programs, product pricing, business initiatives and services.
Prepares and analyzes the monthly financial statements and reports to produce forecasts of business, industry and/or economic conditions for use in making sound business decisions. Analyzes and reports on the financial impact of current and proposed programs. Fulfills complex analysis needs.
Assists in motivating change as needed to improve financials for the organization and/or to assist in the response to complex Request for Proposals questions where preferred. Develops analytical resources to gain efficiencies in financial modeling as preferred.
Provides guidance and feedback to other analysts on the team.
• Develops complex financial models to support management decision-making related to new product development, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, capital investments, revenue models, profit margin analysis, and impact of regulatory changes. Defines financial requirements for new products and features. Analyzes and summarizes the division’s financial statements, expenses, and records. Develops recommendations for management decision-making.
• Performs moderate to complex financial analysis including conducting research and identifying, designing and implementing applications and resources to fulfill reporting and analysis needs. Runs various scenarios through models and interprets financial impact. Measures financial results against budget and forecast.
• Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within Walgreens to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
• May assist in the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeting templates.
• With minimal guidance from management, assesses analytical resources and various formats of data availability and researches and develops new programs that allow for various lines of data to be incorporated so financial modeling analysis of multiple program impact becomes more efficient and allows for more in depth analysis and review resulting in improved recommendations and solutions for the business. Where standard resources are insufficient, utilizes statistical analysis software (SAS) to model and analyze data as requested.
• Reviews monthly financial operating results for each assigned business unit, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance. Works with other departments in Walgreens for account reconciliation.
• Provides information and assistance to organization regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business.
• As requested, answers complex request for proposal (RFP) questions related to new business and client renewals for a variety of different programs. Responsible for ensuring data integrity and accuracy of information provided to RFP questions.
• Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external customers.
• Provides guidance and training to associate analysts and analysts on financial modeling, data extraction techniques, budgetary considerations, and recommends best practices on pulling and refining data. As needed provides explanation to team regarding intricate web of data and how assumptions on one program or project may impact other programs or projects that are not specifically in scope during an analysis.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Job ID: 614539BR
Title: Senior Financial Analyst - Supply Chain
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Finance/Accounting
Full Store Address: 200 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL 60015
Full District Office Address: 200 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-04620-00001-2
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics or High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, profitability analysis and/or auditing techniques.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Walgreens Jobs