Walgreens Program/Project Manager Facilities in DEERFIELD, Illinois
Responsible for the organization of retail roll out projects or programs for assigned Region or business. Responsibilities will include developing teams, identifying risks and issues, and reporting on status to department leadership and other stakeholders. Role will be responsible for all aspects of designated projects or programs, including control of scope, end to end schedule and budget. Also responsible for instructing actions of external consultants conducting support of programs at the store level.
• Guides either multi-location store retail projects or programs, such as fixture installations, content additions, and site upgrades – or – supports similarly scoped systems and software related projects. Understands implications of choices and is able to guide clients to the best solution for their situation.
• Manages communications to ensure all key stakeholders are kept connected to project or program status, issues, risks and program needs.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies. Defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Is the key person responsible for communication on project or program health to owners.
• Coordinates internal and external stakeholders project or program plan including its development, implementation, quality control, and lessons learned activities. Reviews high-level deliverables across program/project management function and ensures project work plans are appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Hires and manages external general contractors and fixture installation vendors. Develops, implements, and maintains sound project administration practices/procedures to minimize customer and business impact during work. Maintains safe and high quality construction practices and looks for and implements continuous improvement practices for future projects or programs.
• Manages project or program budgets and financials. Ensures resources/budgets are available to meet stakeholder needs for planned projects and holds team members accountable for team members team budgets. Delivers project or project close outs in a timely fashion.
• Ensures exposure to risk is minimized on all projects or programs. Supports the program team to effectively develop changes with the implementation team.
• Develops, implements, reviews, oversees and ensures methodology and project standards.
• Ensures project managers are utilizing communication resources, such as online project management, to keep stakeholders up to date, and provide visibility to program health. Assist in the development of tracking resources necessary to meet the changing needs of the programs.
• Directs the activities of internal and external project managers executing programs at in the field.
• Oversees multiple external consultants working on client engagements within area. Ensures team members are well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events within company. Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors. Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the team member.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Job ID: 518937BR
Title: Program/Project Manager Facilities
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Health Care-Pharmacy
Full Store Address: 106 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL 60015
Full District Office Address: 106 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-5123-01106-2
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of program, project and/or implementation management experience OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 8 years program, project and/or implementation management experience.
At least 3 years of experience directing delivery of projects and/or programs.
At least 3 years of experience presenting and reporting on project and/or program plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
At least 3 years of experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
At least 3 years of experience working on cross-functional teams and indirectly managing teams across business units.
At least 3 years of experience communicating across multiple functional areas and with external consultants.
At least 3 years of experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as Microsoft Project or Projectmates.
Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
Experience resolving conflicts within a team as issues arise.
At least 2 years of experience managing program expense and capital costs to a budget.
At least 2 years of experience managing teams in a matrixed environment, managing external resources, and/or developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Willing to travel at least 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Master’s Degree or an MBA.
Experience managing programs in a corporation with sales of <$ 5bil.
Certification as a Project Manager as granted by PMI.
At least 4 years of experience directly managing or managing people via a matrix organization, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Walgreens Jobs