Hendrickson Plant Accountant - 180000KZ in Crest Hill, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/6153729 • Cost development for current and new products.
• Development of burden/overhead rates which reflect actual cost.
• Maintains standard costs in QAD.
• Responsible for accurate recording of manufacturing and overhead costs.
• Analyzes monthly operating results and key operating measures. Analyzes variances and ensure variances to standard cost are accurately reported.
• Prepares and tracks margin analysis and cost reductions for new product programs.
• Produces weekly and monthly reports of manufacturing results and performance.
• Analysis of inventory variances/transactions, plus inventory control/cycle count program.
• Assists local management in identifying and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
• Processes all quote requests from customers for new products.
• Provides financial support for local CER development.
• Monitors and tracks CIP spending for local capital projects.
• Maintains the fixed asset system for the location on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for month end close process. Record all journal entries for site. Including payroll, depreciation, inventory valuation, accruals, recurring expenses, etc.
• Assists local management in developing monthly forecasts and annual plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• BS/BA degree in accounting or economics required.
• CMA Certificate a plus.
• Manufacturing cost experience (3-5 years) preferred.
• Cost analysis in a manufacturing/machining environment strongly preferred.
• Experience in standard cost systems strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze and interpret data required.
• 3+ years' experience developing variable burden and fixed overhead rates a plus.
• 3+ years' experience developing cost quotes on existing and new products a plus.
• Familiarity with General Accounting required (A/P, Payroll, General Ledger).
• Solid PC and mainframe software skill (MS Office, MRP, Ledger, Query) required.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position constantly.
• Minimal need to move about office designated area.
• Constant movement of hands, wrists or fingers such as typing, filing, and writing.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.