VCA Veterinary Assistant in Chicago, Illinois
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
Blum Animal Hospital is passionate about pets! Since 1952, we’ve been providing Chicago pets with the highest level of veterinary care and customer service. Our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital, just south of Wrigley Field, is a frequent Readers’ Choice award winner, is accredited by AAHA and offers a comprehensive range of veterinary services for the finest in pet care.
We are proud to have a rewarding & cooperative workplace environment that offers competitive salary & benefits. Benefit package includes health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401k, uniform allowance, and a generous discount for veterinary services to use for your personal pets.
We are seeking a full-time Veterinary Assistant for our 12:00-8:00 PM team.
· Energetic, personable, and people-oriented
· Experience working with animals and confidence in the physical handling of dogs and cats
· Professional, task-oriented, and pays good attention to detail
· Ability to work a flexible schedule
RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
· Assisting our veterinarians in carrying, handling, and restraining animals during physical exams, injections, surgical procedures, etc.
· Assisting our veterinary technicians in carrying, lifting, and restraining animals during blood and urine collections, dental procedures, radiology procedures, EKG procedures, etc.
· Assisting in the accurate filling of prescription medications and diets for our clients
· Cleaning and maintenance of the hospital, including treatment areas, exam rooms, surgical suite, and reception area.
· Adhere to strict instruction in regards to walking and feeding hospitalized patients
**Please note: This is not a veterinary technician position, and does not include practicing phlebotomy.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!