TEKsystems UX Researcher in Chicago, Illinois
One North, a TEKsystems company, is a full-service digital agency helping businesses solve complex problems in creative ways. We’re makers, technologists, and relationship builders guiding you toward what’s next. Unlike traditional agencies, we stitch together a deep level of expertise across disciplines so that we can do the work of multiple teams. With capabilities in brand and communications, digital experience, technology and infrastructure, and optimization and insights, we can take on any challenge. We deliver the human element to digital so that your big ideas come to life.
One North is looking to add a senior-level UX Researcher to our open, inclusive, and collaborative team on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll be on the front lines helping our clients design, execute, and derive insights from the users of their digital experiences. You’ll also play a lead role in guiding clients through the ideation and initial prototyping of new or improved experiences based on user research.
Ideally, this candidate will have strong and demonstrated UX chops across the solution process (research, design, prototyping), collaboration experience, and project leadership skills. As part of our multidisciplinary Experience Design team, you’ll be at the center of every project and connected all the way through from concept to execution.
• Work across a spectrum of large and small-scale digital experience design projects from websites and applications to products and services, with little oversight on smaller engagements.
• Lead UX Strategy through expert command of the UX toolkit, including UX research and analysis (observation, interviews, surveys, audits, usability testing), design thinking, personas, and journey maps.
• Design and lead multi-modal research engagements focused on different stages of the experience/solution lifecycle, selecting the right mix of evaluative, exploratory, and generative research techniques.
• Bring a strong point of view and leadership to iterative and collaborative user-centered research and design process for clients and cross-functional teams.
• Balance user needs with our clients’ business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
• Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making.
• Lead concepting and experience vision definition.
• Iterate solutions through the UX process.
• Lead collaborative ideation sessions, workshops, and activities – internally and with clients (in-person and remote).
• Create detailed information architecture and taxonomy.
• Create storyboards, user flows, diagrams, and system maps.
• Partner with Client Services to educate our clients about the ROI associated with UX recommendations.
• Collaborate closely with Brand, Content and Digital Strategists, Designers, and Technologists to bring the solution to life.
• Collaborate with clients at all levels, including executives.
• Contribute to the User Experience Strategy discipline through process improvement, thought leadership, education, and design community participation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years professional agency or consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Agile and lean product design experience preferred
• Expert command of UX Research techniques, including both quantitative and qualitative methods. Examples include interviews, observational studies, usability testing, diary studies, tree testing, etc.
• Experience guiding generative and exploratory research and conducting collaborative ideation sessions, both internally and directly with clients
• Experience analyzing, deriving, and communicating insights from research in a variety of standard deliverables and outputs, including executive summaries, presentations, user personas, journey maps, service blueprints, etc.
• Strong presentation skills, experience communicating and visualizing complex and abstract ideas and concepts, storytelling and presenting to executive-level stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expert command of usability heuristics, HCI and UX best practices
• Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems across a variety of business verticals, technologies, and user types
• Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects
• Ability to travel to client sites as projects require (post-COVID), up to 15% of the time
• Portfolio of recent work showing process (in addition to final deliverable) required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs