Able Services Senior Proposal Manager in Chicago, Illinois
The Able Services Proposal Manager manages the proposal/RFP process from pre-bid through submission, supporting the Engineering, Building Maintenance, and Integrated Facilities Management businesses, following a standard process and using a branded style and format.
Responsibilities include: proposal process management, content development (writing and graphics); editing and formatting; quality review and compliance check; production and delivery coordination.
Typical activities include planning, strategizing, researching, writing, and editing proposals and client questionnaires while organizing resources from multiple business departments to achieve proposal production objectives within scheduled time frames.
Our proposal managers juggle multiple assignments acting as single point of contact and independently handling most process requirements, while striving to make a convincing case for how our services meet clients' current and future needs.
In addition, the proposal manager seeks to continuously improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability of sales and proposal development processes.
The ideal proposal manager candidate thrives in a high-volume, short-turnaround, dynamic environment and can juggle several projects simultaneously with a consultative, creative, and problem-solving approach.
Reports To: Proposal GroupManager, Client and Operations Services
- Plan and manage multiple simultaneous proposal development assignments
- Facilitate kickoff and review meetings
- Formulate sales themes in response to RFP questions
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with intra-organizational departments
- Integrate input from different sources into cohesive documents
- Draft documents for review and production
- Arrange and coordinate client site tours
- Create standardized integrated proposal documents
- Enter and track opportunities in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Run and analyze Salesforce reports
- Develop compelling presentations (PowerPoint)
- Contribute materials suitable for reuse to the content library, i.e., white papers, sales presentations, data sheets, case studies, etc.
Continuously improve proposal development and sales processes
Experience leading integrated facility management (IFM) proposals and thorough knowledge of the IFM industry is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, business, or related.
- At least 8 years' experience developing proposals, sales, and/or marketing collateral
- 10+ years' experience managing/coordinating business sales processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task projects and deadlines
- Solid experience with MS Office suite (especially Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with a CRM platform; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Experience in the commercial real estate market a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled