Northwestern University Senior Project Administrator in Chicago, Illinois
Job Summary The Simon Research Lab seeks a Senior Project Administrator to support a faculty member in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment. The Senior Project Administrator provides direction & thought leadership to develop strategic goals & objectives and ensure day-to-day operations for major centers and affiliated projects; defines associated metrics to measure results; creates & obtains resources to ensure success; reviews, creates & nurtures internal & external alliances, collaborations and partnerships; co-authors scientific manuscripts; and coordinates writing and submission of grant proposals. The Senior Project Administrator will support the Simon Research Lab’s community-engaged research infrastructure and research portfolio, including the Center for Health Equity Transformation, the Chicago Cancer Health Equity Collaborative, and ongoing community-engaged research initiatives.
The Simon Research Lab is dedicated to promoting health and health care equity. Using community-based participatory action approaches to research, training, and education, our goal is to promote social change that will improve the health of culturally diverse, underserved populations.
For more information about the Simon Research Lab, please visit: https://labs.feinberg.northwestern.edu/simon/
- Directs and leads development of program/project strategic plan.
- Oversees & ensures that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
- Operationalizes goals & objectives; ensures that resources are created or obtained.
- Manages customer service; creates associated practices & procedures & metrics to measure success.
_Communication, Outreach & Recruitment_
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to increase program profile, reputation, visibility and support.
- Partners with academia and organizations to continue to innovate & enhance program/project.
- Builds relationships with appropriate communities & organizations that will result in program/project enhancement.
- Oversees marketing of new and current programs/projects.
- Oversees development & implementation of evaluation processes, quantitative & qualitative measurements that ensure that program/project benchmarks are successfully attained and communicated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manages evaluation processes; recommends & implements changes for enhancement; monitors effectiveness through follow-up evaluation studies.
- Assesses programming and recommends changes that will innovate and invigorate program including cutting edge developments in the field and changes to better meet external partners' needs in order to achieve goals.
- Develops, plans & implements strategies, goals & approach for programs & events.
- Oversees creation of events designed to implement program/project objectives.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to ensure that events are implemented and meet or exceed planned goals.
- Oversees all aspects of faculty administrative tasks (colloquium, seminar, travel, faculty COI survey, annual report, etc.) ensuring optimal faculty support.
_Grants & Contracts_
- Consults with & advises Principle Investigators (PI) in identifying & defining problems that can be resolved with scientific research that will help guide study design and methods to accomplish the scientific goals of the program/project.
- Prepares results & co-authors scientific papers for presentation & publication & disseminates information via seminars, lectures, etc.
- Creates data for use in grant submission.
- Develops new proposals for research including obtaining financial support.
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Determines goals, objectives, outcome measurements and metrics, financial feasibility, marketing strategies and collaboration opportunities with other internal and external organizations.
- Oversees development & implementation of processes & procedures for all safety, security & compliance programs.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, local & NU laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
- Oversees creation &/or implementation of associated training.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, visionary program/project strategy designed to continually grow and improve programs and build internal/external engagement.
- Provides guidance and support to staff in the creation of program/project components.
- Oversees recruitment, application evaluation, interview, selection and notification of students or participants.
- Supervises 2 to 4 staff.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 5 years' program/project administration or other relevant experience.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 34922
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Senior Project Administrator