CVS Health Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Contracting & Purchasing Operations in Chicago, Illinois
The primary goal of the Trade Operations team, which this individual will coordinate, is to drive efficiencies and alignment across Trade through organization and collaboration. To do so, this team will map and understand key negotiations, annual processes, and conversations across the Trade organization. In addition, the team will understand vital inputs/outputs for Trade business unit and work to build efficiencies. Additionally, this role will lead processes to evaluate and purchase vital tools and frameworks to aid in efficient uses of resources and streamline contract negotiations. This team provides timely, relevant and impactful insights to Trade organizational leaders, including developing line-of-sight to budgetary concerns and considerations, and capturing and distributing data to build executive reports. As needed by the organization, this team will support cross-functional partners to operationalize trade strategies.
• Operational Support for Trade business unit: Lead individuals who provide Med D, Government, Retail, Procurement and Specialty partners with strategy and data needs, driven by the vision and strategy set by overall Trade Strategy, and who support annual/quarterly reviews with all external and internal partners. Gaining a deep understanding of the current status (best practices, gaps), clearly articulating the inputs/outputs and defining the associated success factors/critical metrics.
• Commercial Trade operations support: Being responsible for team of individuals who support Commercial Trade Negotiators’ yearly, quarterly interactions with their Trade manufacturing partners, including by acting as the liaison multiple organizations
• Personnel management: Lead all aspects of daily work, including setting goals and priorities, for team. Lead development of direct and indirect reports. Conduct regular (annual) review process.
• Operational reporting and budget management: Define the data needs, definitions, ownership, governance and infrastructure requirements to enable “always-on” data that is also “one version of the truth” to Trade Org. Developing the vital reporting, data and dashboards to both measure current state of the organization, while also developing strategic insights to aid in course corrections as vital
• Insight development and communication: Presenting executive level reports, as required or desired by EVP and Trade Leadership
10-15 years of relevant work experience:
• 10+ years of leadership experience in Operations, Data Strategy or Analytics within healthcare, with focus on expertise and experience working in the PBM or retail segment.
• High standards for detail-focus and accuracy, and proven experience leading teams and developing junior colleagues to deliver highly accurate work products
• Positive relationship and project management skills across all levels within an organization and with relevant external constituents
• Proven experience managing a team to develop and operate tools, processes, and reports to support needs of an organization
• Demonstrates strong leadership and collaborative skills with success building and leading coordinated, multi-functional teams in an agile, fast-paced environment
• Mature decision-making, analytical, oral and written communication, and presentation skills; advanced MS Office skills
• At least 8 year of demonstrated ability in managed care which may include PBM, Pharma, market access, account management, specialty pharmacy, or health plan experience.
• Management consulting experience
Bachelor's Degree Required
Master's Degree/ MBA Preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs