Origami Risk Senior Accountant in Chicago, Illinois
Making A Difference:
As a Sr Accountant, you will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with strong attention to detail. In this role, you will utilize strong accounting knowledge, time management skills, and effective problem solving to ensure success.
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Strong understanding of all transactional finance including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Collections, Cash, Banking
- Support monthly/quarterly/year-end close processes by preparing journal entries for all accounts within assigned Financial Statement Line Items (FSLI’s) and reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Both prepare and review journal entries while preparing and maintaining relevant supporting work papers.
- Both prepare and review GL account reconciliations while preparing and maintaining relevant supporting work papers.
- Responsibility for monthly, quarterly, and annual close adhering to a close schedule
- Organize and prepare supporting information and reports for annual financial audit and work with outside auditors.
- Assist in budget preparation - Collaborate with business leaders to update and maintain annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for assigned FSLI’s.
- Document any process or policy changes to ensure procedures are up to date for someone else to back up work.
- Improve and implement internal controls and continuously drive process improvements.
- Responsible for report building and maintenance working in a reporting software.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of Accounting, Finance or related experience
- 2+ years in Public Accounting
- Experience in a SaaS or professional services environment a plus
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with Intacct a plus
- Previous experience with Vena a plus
Who We Are
Origami Risk is an industry-leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk and insurance industry—from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools. We deliver a full suite of risk management and insurance core system solutions from a single, secure, cloud-based platform. We have a singular focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives by developing, implementing, and supporting our technology solutions.
Founded in 2009 by Risk Management Information System (RMIS) industry veterans, over the past decade Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).