TEKsystems Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
An exciting job opportunity for a Project Manager who has experience with financial services for a highly reputable enterprise level environment.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the project team to deliver the agreed upon goals, objectives and business benefits while controlling and monitoring the project’s scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Ensures that the project adheres to Project Standards, which incorporate PMI standards, I.T. controls, policies and procedures, throughout the project.
• Is responsible for establishing and maintaining the project team assembled for the project with the right skill sets and experience in place to ensure the success of the project.
• Enables a “no surprises” project culture.
• Establishes the project governance structure with clearly defined roles, responsibilities and resource assignments. Identifies and communicates skill sets needed of the project team resources.
• Is responsible for identifying the appropriate parties who must sign off on each project artifact that requires a sign off.
• Creates and maintains the project plan throughout the life of the project that reflects the work that needs to occur to support the delivery of the project’s goals, objectives and business outcomes. Measures progress against the tasks, artifacts and milestones within the plan.
• Manages the project’s budget and communicates at any point in time:
o Spend to date and what the money was spent on
o Forecast of the remaining work to complete the project
o Contingency amount in the budget.
• Actively manage project risks and issues ensuring that the owners of those risks and issues are addressing them in a timely manner.
• Escalates in a timely manner to the appropriate party(ies) to address decisions needed, the removal of road blocks and other obstacles or constraints.
• Manages stakeholder expectations.
• Is responsible for verifying that the scope is understood and actionable.
• Is responsible for managing to the requirements management plan (requirements traceability and requirements change control) for the project consistent with standards.
• Facilitates discussions across the various teams involved in the project.
• Establishes and executes against the project’s communication plan.
• Communicates the status of the project and reflects the status across the scope, schedule, budget and resource perspectives. Articulates key risks and issues.
• Partners with stakeholders to plan for and manage project resources.
• Directs, manages and motivates the project team.
• Ensures Statements of Work are being fulfilled by vendors participating on the project.
• Facilitates and executes the project closure activities, e.g., lessons learned report, post implementation review, close down the financial reporting and formal turnover of the support to production support and operations.
Skills:Project Management, Financial Services, Waterfall, Agile, Sr. Project Manager, Security, Cyber Security, PMP, Financial Controls, Internal Audits, IAM
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs