McGraw Hill Education Product Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Change the world
McGraw Hill is a diverse and inclusive team of passionate individuals who firmly believe that we can change the world by leveling the playing field and giving every learner an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. If you believe that education can change lives and make the world a better place, McGraw Hill is the place for you!
How can you make an impact?
Our Higher Education team is looking for a dynamic Product Manager to help lead our digital transformation by working across business-side teams and partnering with technical software engineering teams to build elegant solutions that provide real customer value through demonstrated KPIs. In this role, you will be the linchpin of the product – the technical expert for the business teams and the business expert for the technical teams. By combining intimate knowledge of customers, strong analytical skills, and technical acumen, you will drive a holistic product vision that energizes your teammates and delights your customers.
What you will be doing:
· Representing the voice of the customer through a deep understanding of user personas and the competitive landscape.
· Using a variety of research methods to obtain, analyze, and synthesize real-world knowledge of the key challenges and opportunities across market segments.
· Collaborating with Product Management & Portfolio teams to develop strong business cases that are tied to clear business objectives.
· Managing the product life cycle and partnering with the Technical Product Manager to lead an Agile team in delivering products that meet defined KPIs and contribute to the growth and digital transformation of Higher Education.
· Assessing needs, weighing risks, and prioritizing platform requirements using sound business rationale across all relevant stakeholders.
· Ensuring product excellence by completing acceptance testing, solving problems for our customers, and proactively communicating status and path to resolution for high-impact situations.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Self-starter with a passion for solving complex problems in a fast-paced, highly collaborative manner, comfortable in the details while never losing site of the bigger picture.
· 2-4 years of experience in product management or related field.
· Possesses exceptional communication skills and is comfortable communicating across a variety of stakeholders, demoing the end-to-end experience of our products, and making sure that there is shared understanding of technical implications & business impact.
· Experience working with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and can articulate complex technical information in an easy-to-understand way.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.