Northwestern University Post Doctoral Fellow (Trainee) in Chicago, Illinois
Post-doc position available immediately in the Cancer Immunology Laboratory at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and NIH-designated Robert Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Research projects include: 1) Cancer therapeutic resistance and immune evasion mechanisms; 2) mechanisms immune-checkpoint related colitic toxicity with unique animal models and clinical samples (Sci Adv. 2017 May 17;3(5):e1602133).; 3) metabolic reprograming of tumor microenvironment. Candidates must have a PHD or MD with experience in Molecular biology, or Cancer Biology, or Immunology. Individuals with CRISP/cas9 system has competitive advantage.
Experience in animal models is required. Individuals with US citizenship or permanent residence are Preferred. Competitive salary and benefit package.
Northwestern University and Robert Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center provide an extremely stimulating and nourishing academic environment with rich resources to facility career development for young scientists. Please send your cover letter, CV, and names of three references to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
- To oversee the molecular genetics lab including the maintain the supplies, equipment and ordering of necessary materials.
- To conduct laboratory experiments including mutation analysis and in situ hybridization as well as others to study melanoma cancer.
- To help write grants and compete for funding.
- To supervise students and other techs working in the genetics lab.
- To help write and contribute to publications resulting from research done in the lab.
- PhD training in genetics or molecular biology competent in PCR, mutational analysis, and DNA sequencing.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Must have good computer skills, including knowledge of how to use excel.
- PhD training in genetics, cancer biology, or molecular biology.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Experienced in PCR, gene mutational analysis, and DNA sequencing.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33709
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Post Doctoral Fellow (Trainee)