Sinai Health System Medical Receptionist in Chicago, Illinois
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
According to detailed instructions, policies and procedures, greets and directs patients and visitor. Records and updates patient registration information, and verifies, insurance coverage. Retrieves patient charts prior to scheduled appointments, and files forms or reports in charts. Answers telephone and relays calls or takes messages. Schedules or confirms appointments according to established procedures. Maintains necessary records and logs of patient visits for use in billing. Performs related duties such as entering charges, accepting and receipting payments, sorting and distributing mail, photocopying records and bills, and so forth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
· Always answers phones by identifying oneself in a courteous, efficient manner. Transfer calls to the appropriate division as required.
· Always greets patients in a courteous, pleasant, smiling manner
· Registers all patients upon arrival and confirms or updates patient information. Ensures accuracy of log by cross-checking with patient sign-in daily
· Always obtains current insurance information and verifies as required, maintaining copies of all documentation.
· Explains to patient in a courteous and tactful manner what the charges and payment mechanism will be, should the patient have no insurance coverage. Collects and posts monies received from the patient and issues receipt.
· Always obtains any required signatures/consents or authorizations.