Cook County Government MEDICAL ASSISTANT - GENERAL MEDICINE CLINIC in Chicago, Illinois
*_JOB SUMMARY_ *
*LOCATION: *General Medicine Clinic
*SHIFT: *10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Under the supervision of licensed personnel, the Medical Assistant (MA) works in cooperation with other clinic or facility health care and administrative professionals to provide continuity of care to the patient. The MA performs both clinical and administrative duties to support physician, nurses and administrative staff in the PCMH model of care and Specialty Clinics. MULTIPLE VACANCIES
- Must possess either an Associate’s degree as a Medical Assistant from a CAAHEEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health education Programs) approved program OR equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant program or formal medical service training program of the United States Armed Forces OR Five (5) years of recent full-time professional Medical assistant experience. (Must provide official transcripts at the time of interview, if applicable)
- Must be certified as a Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Registry of Medical Assistant (ARMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) OR Certified as a Registered Medical Assistant* (Must provide proof at time of interview.)*
- Must possess a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association or able to obtain one within two (2) weeks of starting employment.* (Must provide proof at time of interview if applicable)*
- One (1)**year of full-time work experience as a CMA or in a related clinical capacity within a healthcare environment.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
_ **KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES_**
Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interfacing with patients, their families, coworkers and all CCHHS employees. Sensitivity and respect in caring for patients of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Written and verbal communication skills necessary to perform effectively on the job. Analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines. Flexibility and adaptability in performing work duties. Ability to transition from clinical to administrative duties. Strong emergency response skills including the ability to perform CPR. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. Demonstrated knowledge of HIPPA. Working knowledge of basic medical terminology.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable.
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference.
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
*MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION *
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibitedfromconditioning,basingorknowinglyprejudicingoraffectinganytermoraspectofCountyemploymentorhiringuponorbecauseofanypoliticalreasonorfactor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2021, 12:46:13 PM
Closing Date: Mar 8, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Req ID: 00125284