Huntington National Bank Managing Director Public Finance in Chicago, Illinois
· Directs Public Finance investment banking activity (tax exempt and taxable bond underwriting) for Government and Nonprofit clients
· Manages and directs regional activities of the Public Finance Team associated with Huntington Capital Markets, focused on bringing municipal financing solutions to the bank's customers.
· Develops and coaches junior talent
· Responsibilities include a combination of the following functions: investment banking, underwriting and private placements for municipal issuers.
· Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
· Accountable for risk management, compliance and audit performance for area(s) of responsibility.
· Establishes or ensures development of effective performance monitoring and review systems to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis.
· Ensures staff is properly trained, provided with appropriate resources and motivated to adhere to established risk management principles.
· Continually evaluates strategic direction and risks against the impact of economic, technological, competitive, regulatory, and other environmental changes.
· Reports directly to the Group Head of Public Finance.
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· 10+ years related Public Finance Investment banking experience required.
· Series 7, 53, 79, 52, 63 (or other relevant combination)
· Master's degree
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact effectively across all organizational levels.
· Progressive thinker and problem solver, with a strong ability to manage ambiguity/complexity.
· Work effectively in teams as well as independently across multiple tasks while meeting aggressive timelines.
· Ability to embrace change, constructively negotiate constraints, and effectively leverage resources to create exceptional outcomes.
· Consistently model and inspire high levels of professional demeanor and integrity.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Welcome to Huntington!
At Huntington, we see it as our responsibility to look out for people. There’s a common bond that connects us all as humans, and together, we can make this world better. An amazing thing happens when we look out for each other. Even helping someone in a small way can have a huge impact. It’s the idea at the core of Huntington and one we’re trying to spread.
Our colleagues look out for people by doing the right thing with a Can-Do Attitude, Service Heart and Forward Thinking. Those are our values –simple but powerful. If that sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join our team. If you’d like to learn more about how Huntington looks out for people, visit http://huntington.com/lookingoutforeachother.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at HuntingtonCareers@Huntington.com.
Huntington National Bank
- Huntington National Bank Jobs