Artis Senior Living Life Enrichment Assistant - Part-Time in Chicago, Illinois
The position is primarily responsible for running daily life enrichment programs. Maximizes participation. Provides input in regards to programs being organized and planned.
- Conducts programs that meet the individualized needs of the resident population at the community.
- Provides input to the Director of Life Enrichment to develop a monthly calendar that meets the Artis standards and the individual interests of the residents
- Utilizes the Partnership Profile to maximize individualization of programs and interactions with residents.
- Utilizes the associate Partnership Profile to involve associates in programs of interest and to enhance the monthly calendar
- Knows, understands, and demonstrates the company philosophy of Positive Partnerships the ARTIS Way.
- Assures that the ARTIS specific programs are being held as designated (i.e.: Time to Dish; Town Hall meeting; I CAN program; and I’m AlWrite)
- Sets up and breaks down needed materials before/after programs.
- Assists in taking residents on out trips. Provides supervision and guidance on the trips.
- Provides information to the Director of Life Enrichment regarding the residents’ participation and abilities in order to assist with the development of a personalized care plan.
- Responsible for maintaining communication, in conjunction with Director of Life Enrichment, with family members regarding level of participation in programs.
- Supports and maintains an effective volunteer program through screening, orienting, training, supervising and evaluating volunteers. Also maintains adequate records on volunteers and complies with government standards for documentation.
- Assists the Director of Life Enrichment with ordering, maintaining, and securing needed supplies for the department. Informs DLE of needed supplies and materials.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Years dementia specific experience, with primary focus on programming, activities, or social services. An Associate’s Degree or TRD preferred.
- Must be qualified by experience and training to develop programs appropriate for elders and disabled individuals, interact with family members, and provide dementia specific information to others.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language. EOE
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.