Arup Graduate Electrical Engineer (Available June 2021) in Chicago, Illinois
Graduate Electrical Engineer (Available June 2021)
4 days agoPost Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Electrical load calculations
• Assign circuitry for Power and Lighting devices
• Report writing
• Work on projects using 3D AutoCAD
• Give structure to ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
• Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion
• Work with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Attend meetings - listen, ask questions. Be involved in discussions with other disciplines and Architects to gain knowledge & experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor's Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE)
• BSEE: coursework in electrical power systems design, control systems, electric machines
• BSAE: coursework in building systems design and electrical power systems design
• BSAE: Demonstrated interest in architecture and the construction of buildings as evidenced by coursework and/or extracurricular activities, etc.
• BSAE: Demonstrated interest in the electrical engineering industry with an emphasis on the power side of the discipline
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• EIT/ FE certification
• BSEE: coursework in building systems design
• BSAE: coursework focusing on specialties within the construction side of the electrical engineering industry
• Internship experience in a consulting firm with emphasis on electrical design
• Membership in IESNA, NFPA, IEEE
• Demonstrated interest in sustainability as evidenced by extracurricular activities, etc
• Academic research, coursework, or other experience with alternative energy systems and other technologies new to the construction industry
• Experience with AutoCad, Revit MEP, Autodesk MEP, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, or Project
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Poetry Foundation
• WW Grainger Headquarters
• Lycee Francais de Chicago
• University of Chicago Laboratory School Renovations
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Chicago, United States
Building Services - Electrical
Post Date:4 days ago
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs